(D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Saibankan

(D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:23 am

While the various samurai tried to keep their balance passing the ball back and forth, others watch the show, either having completed their turn, or waiting for their chance to jump in.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:25 am

Well, that was weird.

But Raizo had gotten the hang of it... even if he remained mystified as to why anyone would do it.

And he was glad to see people he liked doing well with it, with none of the previous day's anguish... so far.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:10 am

Still a little flushed from her successful display - sure it took her longer than the others but she didn't fail, and that is what is important - Aimi falls back to rejoin the rest of the samurai watching the display.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:16 am

Aimi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:10 am
Aha!
Well, hello stranger.

Raizo offered the ronin a nod and a smile.

That HAD to suck less than some recitation of your ancestry.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:17 am

Koi finishes her turn at the dumbest event in the whole of Rokugan, dumber than that fucking challenge yesterday. Like, why go through all this needless challenge? She can read, she can write, she is entertaining, she can work a house well and she can suck a dick better than any Doji ambassador.

She sat down, breathing heavy and fuming. Low then person that turns this Moth into a raging swarm of wasps. Each and every person that passed only made her more, and more, feel like she doesnt belong here.

She had this. All of it.

Koi sat and stewed watching the event unimpressively.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:05 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:17 am
Koi finishes her turn at the dumbest event in the whole of Rokugan, dumber than that fucking challenge yesterday. Like, why go through all this needless challenge? She can read, she can write, she is entertaining, she can work a house well and she can suck a dick better than any Doji ambassador.

She sat down, breathing heavy and fuming. Low then person that turns this Moth into a raging swarm of wasps. Each and every person that passed only made her more, and more, feel like she doesnt belong here.

She had this. All of it.

Koi sat and stewed watching the event unimpressively.
Approaching Koi, and brushing off his kimono as he does so. She had taken a little bit longer to complete the task but she had also done so with much more flair than he had.

"I am covered in bruises after that," he said with a painful grin. "I think I came close to meeting my ancestors."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:39 pm

Koi looked up at the Kitsu that edged on polite and edged on a pack of Lioness who are very unimpressed about recent hunting trips - if looks could kill.

She stopped herself, and rubbed her face trying to rub away that lingering anger she felt. "I did not expect to have to attract prospective partners by showing I have the ability to kick a ball into the air." She said, clearly frustrated.

Koi's hands were shaking slightly as her anxiety was really on the edge of breaking through.

"Perhaps if I had been better prepared.." She said to herself mostly and waved her hand away at that thought.

"You ancestors said to burn their pillowbooks." She chuckled warmly.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:54 pm

He smiles at her, with a warmth that really doesn't match the usual image of a Lion, her expression not hurting him or pushing him away at all.

"You don't need to do anything to attract prospective partners. You're pretty great as you are, and shouldn't worry yourself over some ball kicking," he says in a soothing tone. "I did a pretty good job of making a fool of myself out there, all eager and silly. And I don't mind it because I know that in the end, what matters is the friends that I get to make here, people like yourself."

He indicates a seat nearby, offering to have her join him in the observation. "And don't tell anyone, but I definitely don't burn my pillow books. I just keep them tucked away in a closet. Sometimes I wonder why my mother did not marry into the Otomo rather than the other way around. I have far more in common with him and his family. With the exception of the eyes. Half of my pillow books are old ones he gave me after he read them."

----
D3 MM, Observation Thread, Courtesy [Water] on Kaikoga Koi, We can be great friends!, TN 2, Void Point | TN: 1 | Success: 6 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Remove 2 strain from Koi and add it to Murato using Heart of the Lion - Console
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:31 pm

The Kitsu, once done, brushed himself off and joined the crowd.

Kemari was an interesting choice for finding a suitor, he supposed - perhaps he should work on his Sadane or Ikebana next.

((PM or quote if approached please))
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:57 pm

Kaito was there waiting for those who probably were sprained or needed a nice person to talk to relax.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk