(D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaikoga Koi

Re: (D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:16 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:54 pm
He smiles at her, with a warmth that really doesn't match the usual image of a Lion, her expression not hurting him or pushing him away at all.

"You don't need to do anything to attract prospective partners. You're pretty great as you are, and shouldn't worry yourself over some ball kicking," he says in a soothing tone. "I did a pretty good job of making a fool of myself out there, all eager and silly. And I don't mind it because I know that in the end, what matters is the friends that I get to make here, people like yourself."

He indicates a seat nearby, offering to have her join him in the observation. "And don't tell anyone, but I definitely don't burn my pillow books. I just keep them tucked away in a closet. Sometimes I wonder why my mother did not marry into the Otomo rather than the other way around. I have far more in common with him and his family. With the exception of the eyes. Half of my pillow books are old ones he gave me after he read them."
(OOC: 2 Strife recovered. Thanks.)

Koi sat for a moment allowing the words of the Lion to sooth her. Fuck me, a Lion comforting me? I am surprised the bushi didnt just walk up, stick some rice paper over my wound and tell me to suck it up Sunshine.

Koi mused for a moment before looking up at the Lion, she still was feeling tense as much as the Lion could there was some underlying mental health issues the Moth had but it meant at least she was going to drop kick the first smug bastard that came her way.

She took a deep breath, held it and allowed a long exhale to push it out before Koi spoke. "Thank you, your words helped." She chuckled softly, still tense in the shoulder but safe enough. "Sensible, burning books are a travesty beyond anything imaginable. I'd been disappointed."

Koi joined the Lion and sat down besides the Kitsu. "Otomo parents, eh? By the kami I wouldnt have been so glib with you the last time we spoke. Gomen. How does the Lion hunt go though since arriving?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 pm

"It's understandable that one might not see a family resemblance to the Otomo. I do look a bit more like my mother," he said with a chuckle. "But in my heart I am more my father. And I have been meeting and mingling. Bai and I toured the market after your departure. I spoke with my Moto traveling companion. Found out that the Kasuga is quite taken with you in the baths too," he said giving a smile of encouragement. "So if your experimentation takes you that direction he'll likely return your affections enthusiastically, if he hasn't already since then."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:16 am
Aimi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:10 am
Aha!
Well, hello stranger.

Raizo offered the ronin a nod and a smile.

That HAD to suck less than some recitation of your ancestry.
"Not, I think, my pastime of choice," Aimi murmured companionably to the reserved Shiba, "but yes. It was nice to pursue a challenge based on what I could do, rather than who other people were."

A moment later she realised Raizo hadn't actually spoken aloud... ah well, it wasn't like it was a sin to be able to pick up on such cues. Maybe she could mumble something about the whispers of the air kami revealing his thoughts or something. Hmm, no, that might make him feel exposed and paranoid. Bah.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:40 pm

Sakura… is not taking part. The Crane simply bows to Shika Zang apologetically as she enters to spectate, approaching him. “Gomen, Shika-sensei. In this, my lack of eyesight would simply lead to embarrassment for no purpose for this one.”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:52 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 pm
"It's understandable that one might not see a family resemblance to the Otomo. I do look a bit more like my mother," he said with a chuckle. "But in my heart I am more my father. And I have been meeting and mingling. Bai and I toured the market after your departure. I spoke with my Moto traveling companion. Found out that the Kasuga is quite taken with you in the baths too," he said giving a smile of encouragement. "So if your experimentation takes you that direction he'll likely return your affections enthusiastically, if he hasn't already since then."
Koi nodded and listened appreciatively. "I could not imagine a life of being given such weight such as being born into the Kitsu family and ascending from the Otomos. Such prestige, and that you are willing to speak to a simple moth such as myself."

Koi blushed at that but didn't comment in the matter - too many ears, and she didn't want to get her hopes up.

"Bai-chan is nice, a sweet girl with bright prospect. I hope she falls into a family that loves her unconditionally." She said thoughtfully. "I wish you fortunes as well."

Koi frowned. "I sought out your clan mate yesterday and such a perplexing individual he was so wound up, I just wanted to give him so sake to ease his tension. Anyways, I was thinking of asking both your aid and one or two others. I want to try and attempt a crossing into Yume-do but I will need those skilled in Theology to assist. Do you think you might be able to persuade your cousin to join?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Intentionally misquoting the Tao, replacing the 'dragonfly's buzz' with 'moth's wingbeats', "The moth's wingbeats are no different from the lion's roar. All creatures have a voice with which they express the Way."

He pauses after the misquote.

"What we are is not who we are. Everyone is a person at the end of the day, and I am glad to call any other willing person a friend. I am certainly ready to help you if you wish. I assume you are speaking of Tsugumasa, as I can't imagine Moshumaru being tense. Maybe intense at times, but not tense."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Koi smiled warmly. "Nice paraphrasing for that quote, Kitsu-sama."

Koi reached down to rub at her foot. "That ball was harder than a rock, earth kami must have blessed it to be so dense."

Koi nodded. "Yes, I did not know there was a trio of Kitsu within the Miai, perhaps introducings can be made? I can introduce you to my Cousin who arrived yesterday. A striking beauty that rivals my own."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:34 pm

"The ball was pretty dense but I found the floor to be less forgiving. It doesn't like making way for falling people," he chuckled, rubbing his own shoulder. "Though that's probably my own fault for the number of times I was diving after the ball."

"I have no doubt that she's a beauty in her own right. But rivals you? I imagine you're just being humble for propriety's sake," he says with a playful smirk, more innocent and complimentary in tone than flirtations. As someone supporting a friend might speak.

"But yes, I wouldn't mind introducing you to Moshumaru, given the chance." He seemed like he'd be happy to do so, but he wasn't in a rush. After all, she did say she preferred the company of ladies. So he'd likely be more keen on helping her find someone among those he was also interested in.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:08 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:57 pm
Kaito was there waiting for those who probably were sprained or needed a nice person to talk to relax.
Nesshin approaches the Kaito and bows.

"An impressive performance, Kaito-san!" he says. "A hard act to follow; I guess kemari's in the daily orders for your shrine?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Fujiko stumbled back into the wall, covered in sweat and breathing with difficulty. A samurai had to always be ready to die, but perhaps she'd taken that a bit too literally for a simple kemari ball.

She fell down upon a bench and started doing breathing exercises, doing her best to stop her body from breaking down from exertion.

"Why... why kemari... why..." she repeated that mantra as she regretted her choices in life.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)