[D1, MM, gift event] In family I trust

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Matsu Ishioka

[D1, MM, gift event] In family I trust

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:21 pm

At the appropriate time, Matsu Ishioka steps forward with the gift entrusted to him by his family. His face is as unreadable as the "Stone Matsu" nickname suggests, and he is carrying what might be a heavy scroll or... something cylindrical... wrapped in a heavy silk cloth of Lion Clan gold.

At the socially appropriate distance, the bushi kneels, bows, and then begins his presentation.

"Most honorable Shika Renji-sama," the Lion begins, his voice a level but not unpleasing bass, projecting out into the hall like the rumble of a distant rainstorm. "This one is Matsu Ishioka, nikutai in the Lion embassy security detail at the indomitable capital of the honored Crab Clan, Kyuden Hida. I am honored to accept the invitation to this glorious miai..." As the Matsu's voice remained level throughout all the needed formalities, it began to sound a bit like a drone.

"In the name of my honored ancestors and my noble parents, Matsu Hiroko and Matsu Benkai, I humbly ask that Shika-sama accept this gift of a most prized and special bottle of sake, made from the finest ingredients available in the golden plains of the Lion and bottled in glass hand-blown by the masters in Breath of Beauty village, near the Lion-Dragon border." At least the Matsu's voice transitions to something more engaging when talking about the gift than when he'd spoken of himself. With reverence, the bushi partially unwraps the bottle so that its deep blue-purple bottle can be appreciated in the light of the hall.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Renji

Re: [D1, MM, gift event] In family I trust

Post by Shika Renji » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:06 am

Renji bows and considers the Matsu's gift and words with an appreciative nod.

"You honor your ancestors and parents well, Matsu-san. Your choice of gift is an excellent one, and I would not find fault with it." he says.

He shakes his head.

"But it is too fine of a gift for the humble act of providing you our hospitality. Such a fine gift would be better reserved for the celebrating your marriage once your match is found, and so I should decline this gift so you might appreciate it then." he said, offering the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:08 am

"Shika Renji-sama is most kind to look forward to celebrating this one's marriage, which with the blessings of our esteemed hosts will be a great one. However, an anticipated arrival cannot come to pass without a start upon the right path. This opportunity to start on that right path, in honor of my ancestors and, one hopes, for the glory of my future children, is a blessing to me and my family. A blessing well befitting this gift," the Lion offers again, his voice having warmed and smoothed to a very pleasing sound as he spoke.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:16 am

Renji nodded.

"Matsu-san is very wise to realize that it is the start of the journey that one must overcome before they can see the successful end."

He paused for a moment, admiring the bottle.

"Then let us speak of the beginning of the journey. You have just arrived, and there are so many guests that you surely wish to speak to to find your parth. Such a fine bottle of sake shared with such could signify the beginning of friendships and more, and so perhaps I should not accept so Matsu-san may use it to ease his beginning." he suggests as a second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm

"Shika-sama is not wrong. A good gift often has many potential uses. Yet the character of this gift is special and best suited to the offer I make to you," the Lion says calmly.

"This bottle is unique, no other just like it, as my honored parents might say about me. And it contains the last of this particular vintage of sake, like I am the last of my parents' children to be married, as my younger sister is... no longer with us." On this note, there's a small strain in the otherwise flawless speech.

"So as my parents, on behalf of the Matsu family, entrust a unique marriage decision to the skills of the Deer Clan, so they also would insist that a unique gift be given in honor of that decision."
Description

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Renji bowed.

"I cannot refuse a gift offered in such a spirit, Matsu-san." Renji replied. "Just as it is our honor to guide you towards your match, it is our honor to accept such a wonderful gift."

(Matsu Ishioka gains 1 Courtship point, 1 Honor, & 1 Glory!)