[D1 MM] Birds of a feather

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Utaku Kheree

[D1 MM] Birds of a feather

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:41 am

Wearing a more ceremonial kimono then the ones which she is usually wearing the young woman looks a bit overburdened as she carries a cage with her, covered by cloth , and which is big enough to hold two bird comfortable.
The bird that she entered the hallway with has flown away from her for the moment as she approaches the champion.
"Honored Shika-Dono , "She says as she bows , leading to soft bird noises from inside the cage as it rattles.
"This one is Utaku Kheree , and I wish to present to you gifts in honour of this joyous occasion "
After she says so she pulls back the ,more sturdy then pretty cloth covering the cage to showcase a well worked but not exceptional cage , containing
Mountain Eagle Hawks , a Hunting birds that live and hunt in the woods and open lands.

"A pair of bear hawks having bounded themself together and trained by my own hands to be a joy in flight and hunting for you oh Lord. The Male is is named Akai , for the red mark on his tail, and the female one is Kumo, for she is as ferocious as a bear when she defends her nest.
A warriors life is best lived together and not alone and these are fierce birds of hunting are not forced to be apart. May the luck that they have found in being together , be a good omen for the Mia , and their companionship bring you joy as you enter the woods of your estate.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shika Renji

Re: [D1 MM] Birds of a feather

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:45 am

Renji inspected the birds, through the safety of the cage, and offered the Unicorn a bow.

"They are beautiful, Utaku-san. i find it especially touching that even within a cage, as long as they have each other, that is all that matters. You must have spent many hours training them to be fierce hunters." Renji says.

"But surely, they would miss your presence and the wide open fields of the Unicorn were I too accept them. I feel that I should not." he said, giving the first rejection.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:48 am

Shika Renji wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:45 am
Renji inspected the birds, through the safety of the cage, and offered the Unicorn a bow.

"They are beautiful, Utaku-san. i find it especially touching that even within a cage, as long as they have each other, that is all that matters. You must have spent many hours training them to be fierce hunters." Renji says.

"But surely, they would miss your presence and the wide open fields of the Unicorn were I too accept them. I feel that I should not." he said, giving the first rejection.
"Like the unicorn these birds both can migrate and nest anew after a travel and they are quite at home in an forest also, and so your realm would be well suited to them. And your presence and the one of your clan would sooth them so my presence, like the mothers would be replaced as they find a new family. And there is no greater joy then to see those that you guided suceed as they find a place fitting for them, as they are brought together in harmony." she continues trying to draw a marriage comparision even if it is not the most elegant one.
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:25 am

Renji nods.

"An apt comparison" he offeres as a compliment.

He considers the birds anew.

"And yet, I am brought to mind of descendents. As a mated pair, they will surely produce children, and while Utaku-san's children shall take more time to grow to maturity, I cannot help if wonder if you are missing a chance for your descendants to experience the joy of the hunt with the birds' descendants. Surely I should refuse to not prevent such a thing." he offers.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:32 pm

"Surely like in marriage, while a child has left her parents clan and family she still caries them with them in her heart, and so one is never far from it , but one also learns to find new friends and grounds to thrive in, and who am I that I would hide them away from new beauties and wonders of the world. "
She says not quite stumbling at the end there but clearly thinking about what to say there , but more a moment of recalling it it seems while she now takes a longer moment to speak.
"This one of course would wish my own children the same joy as I shall find in marriage, and what better place to find such a fate for them, then to send them to be guided by the Deer clan after all?

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:33 am

Renji bowed at the Utaku's words.

"Then let them find a new home here, and just as their descendants bless our skies, may Utaku-san's descendants visit again to bless our grounds." he said accepting the gift.

(Utaku Kheree gains 1 Courtship point, 1 Glory & ! honor)

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:39 am

Shika Renji wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:33 am

"Then let them find a new home here, and just as their descendants bless our skies, may Utaku-san's descendants visit again to bless our grounds." he said accepting the gift.

(+1 for the ceremonial kimono for the glory right?)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:56 am

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:39 am
Shika Renji wrote:

(GM Note: Only if it has the Resplendent tag)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:57 am

Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:56 am
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Shika Renji wrote:

(The object that we can buy always has it afaik?)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 am

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:57 am
Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:56 am
Utaku Kheree wrote:

(The object that we can buy always has it afaik?)
(Ceremonial clothes do yup. If you showed up in your sleeping clothes, your peasant trousers, your sanctified robes or armored for battle no boost for you :D)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind