(D1, MM) Mountain or Molehill

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Asahina Bo

(D1, MM) Mountain or Molehill

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 am

Sheer willpower and stubborn determination allowed Bo to, mostly, save face as his heavy footfalls approached the dais when his turn to present came. Only a slight furrow of his brow gave rise to the internal feelings much akin to a prisoner approaching the gallows.

"Um." He clears his throat a little too loudly and, barely, remembers to bow, "Um, hi. I'm Asahina Bo, Thanks for havin' us."

There's a pause before he remembers the box hidden completely within his oversized hand.

"Oh, right. Uh... This here is a netsuke from my family... for you... to say thanks."

He presents the box in one outstretched palm.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Shika Renji

Re: (D1, MM) Mountain or Molehill

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:53 am

Renji had dealt with truly thick wall Crabs before. Seeing one in Crane colors was a new one, but every family had their black sheep.

He made sure to offer the Asahina a friendly smile and a polite bow.

"That was a very thoughtful thing for your family to do, Asahina-san." he said.

"But they really did not need to. It is my pleasure to offer you my hospitality for nothing in exchange."

It was a very short refusal, but Renji hoped he could not overwhelm the Crane and that his family had taught him to offer it three times. He would do his best not to insult and humiliate the Crane before the court, but he could only do so much.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:18 pm

He knew it was coming but, still, some small crestfallen part of him had hoped beyond hope that for some reason Renji would just take it.

But fate was far from kind.

The palm moves back towards his body for a moment before being thrust forward again, the box in it jostling slightly.

"Then... uh... then please take it as thanks for helpin' me get married."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:31 am

Renji smiled a bit.

"It is our distinct pleasure to help you find the right spouse, Asahina-san. I could no more accept a gift for such than a bird could for singing so beautifully. I'm afraid I must refuse you again." he said, keeping it short with the second refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:41 am

There is a long, looong, pause as the Crane's brow furrows deeper. Not just from stress but also trying to remember something.

What did ma say again....

Finally his eyes light up with memory, "Ummm... oh, yeah, that was it... uh you see my great grandma... or was it her grandma...." He shakes his head again, "Uh... I mean my il... illust... illustrious ancestor found her place with the Asahina thanks to the Deer. And it worked out great since she found out she was good at art and hadn't even known it! She's the one who carved tha netsuke, a crane out of antler, and ma thought it would be fittin' for it to find a home here in thanks not just for me but for past generations."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:53 am

It took him three offers, but at least he had finally described the peace. Renji felt about as much relief as the Asahina did.

"Then in her memory, allow me to accept this gift. I hope your stay here is a pleasant one from here on out, Asahina-san." Renji said, accepting the gift.

(Asahina Bo gaints 1 courtship point, 1 Glory, & 1 Honor)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:01 am

"Thanks... I mean, thank you, Shika-sama."

He even remembers to bow again before departing the dais in sweet, sweet relief.

Thank the kami that's over.