[D1, MM] Permanent Ephemera

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kitsuki Hajime

[D1, MM] Permanent Ephemera

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Approaching the antlered throne, KItsuki Hajime moved with palpable elegance and grace. After performing the appropriate bows, he rose to his full height and declared:

"This one is Kitsuki Hajime, servant of Kitsuki Shunsuke of the Dragon Clan. In gratitude for and in imitation of the hospitality you have shown his servant, Lord Shunsuke has permitted me to present this wall-scroll on which has been inscribed a poem written in commemoration of the visit of Lord Asako to our domain."

It was not necessarily the gift Hajime would have wished to give, but it was what had been budgeted for him. That he'd been the one to spontaneously utter the poem during the Phoenix visit, then make the wall scroll and present it to Shunsuke was entirely beside the point, and certainly not worth mentioning now. Instead he unfurled the scroll to present it in its finely-crafted majesty to the Daimyo of the Shika, exquisite brush-strokes and all.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shika Renji

Re: [D1, MM] Permanent Ephemera

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:41 am

Renji had to consider the distinct possibility that the Dragon had just ripped the nearest thing off the wall when he was told he must give a gift at the miai.

"The calligraphy is very beautiful Kitsuki-san." Renji offered as a compliment.

He shook his head.

"But surely this symbol of respect between the Dragon and the Phoenix would be of far more use in tightening the bonds between your clans rather than as a gift for the simple act of offering you hospitality." he says, giving the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:08 am

Hajime knew well what it must look like, but had known it would be futile to protest. Shunsuke's ignorance played second fiddle to his avarice. This piece of art was expendable. That was the entire point, as far as Hajime's lord was concerned. It was Hajime's skill that was the true gift, much needed to polish the turd. Fortunately, he had a lot of practice.

"Shika-sama, your act and this scroll carry greater ramifications that hospitality alone. This scroll was born from an ephemeral moment, that instant when the spark of connection between two mighty lords gave birth to art. Speech, which acted on the ear for an instant, has been made solid, permanent, to act upon the eye. In this way, I seek to be transformed, transferring the ephemeral life I have lived into one that generates posterity. Your gift of time and space has made this possible. This gift, then, is recompense to you, but in a greater sense it is a statement of intention. It embodies and enacts the transformation that you have made possible."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:40 am

It was a dramatically better second offer, and Renji took longer to appreciate the words spoken, than the gift itself.

"Your passion is tempered by great wisdom indeed, Kitsuki-san. I have to admit, the transformation you speak of is one I have overseen many times over, and yet it is satisfying each time." he said.

He shook his head.

"And yet, when a caterpillar becomes a butterfly, the caterpillar has not ceased to exist. In a body born upon beautiful wings, the same heart beats. This scroll is clearly an important reminder to you of your past, I would hate for you to discard it so easily." he offers as second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:07 am

Hajime bowed once more. "Shika-sama, as the caterpillar becomes the butterfly, the winter becomes the spring. It leaves no part of itself save the dampness of the deep snow, which in turn gives nourishment to new life in the soil that has played host to them both. I am to leave behind one season for the next, and while I may once have produced the poetic flurry I mean to give to you, its snowy potential has long since poured out its nourishment to me. It is a season for new growth, let us bless this poem by allowing it a new life here in Kyuden Shika, and let us allow me a new spring of creation in the coming weeks.

Winter chill lightens.
Mother Sun's golden blessings
Welcome sodden Spring."

Pursuing the Agenda: Composition/Air
| TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 am

(GM Note: You cannot pursue agenda in the same time slot as you are participating in an event)

Renji nods.

"We would be happy to nourish you as an artist in your coming match, Kitsuki-san, and happily accept this poem from your former self." he offers with a bow.

(Kitsuki Hajime earns 1 Courtship Point, 1 Glory, and 1 Honor)