[D1 MM] Sea for yourself

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kasumi

[D1 MM] Sea for yourself

Post by Kasumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:50 pm

Kasumi bowed deeply towards her host.

"Shika-sama, I thank you for extending your kind invitation to my humble self. My patron and Champion, Yoritomo-sama bade me to give my thanks in an appropriate manner."

Her parrot kindly offered advice sitting as he did on her shoulder.

"Kissass."

Well, that was helpful. Trying to hide her mild annoyance, Kasumi extended her gift, a gilded lantern towards the man.

"This lantern has been with the Rolling Thunder, our flagship, since its inception." She smiled brightly as she laid it down happily. "It has guided my lord to safety on countless occasion, and now we hope it shall serve its purpose of providing warmth and security to the Deer clan as well."
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Shika Renji

Re: [D1 MM] Sea for yourself

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am

Kasumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:50 pm
Kasumi bowed deeply towards her host.

"Shika-sama, I thank you for extending your kind invitation to my humble self. My patron and Champion, Yoritomo-sama bade me to give my thanks in an appropriate manner."

Her parrot kindly offered advice sitting as he did on her shoulder.

"Kissass."

Well, that was helpful. Trying to hide her mild annoyance, Kasumi extended her gift, a gilded lantern towards the man.

"This lantern has been with the Rolling Thunder, our flagship, since its inception." She smiled brightly as she laid it down happily. "It has guided my lord to safety on countless occasion, and now we hope it shall serve its purpose of providing warmth and security to the Deer clan as well."
Renji gave the pair a bow, with a smile for Kasumi and a rueful 'oh you naught bird' head shake for her parrot.

"That is quite the gift, Kasumi-san. It certainly has a storied history with years of faithful service." he said.

He considered it a moment, before shaking his head.

"Yet Kasumi-san is sailing into waters deeply unknown to her, that of matrimony. Surely she should cling fast to her guide rather than give it away merely as thanks for the simple act of hosting?" he says, giving the first rejection.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:54 am

Shika Renji wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am

Renji gave the pair a bow, with a smile for Kasumi and a rueful 'oh you naught bird' head shake for her parrot.

"That is quite the gift, Kasumi-san. It certainly has a storied history with years of faithful service." he said.

He considered it a moment, before shaking his head.

"Yet Kasumi-san is sailing into waters deeply unknown to her, that of matrimony. Surely she should cling fast to her guide rather than give it away merely as thanks for the simple act of hosting?" he says, giving the first rejection.
"Perhaps, but I thrust myself into the guiding hands and words of your nakodo Shika-sama." She spread her hands. "That is why I came to your miai, in hopes that your wisdom will find me the ideal spouse, neh? In return for your guiding light, I humbly offer ours."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Renji nodded.

"A sound idea Kasumi-san. You can trust that we will see you through to that distant shore." Renji agreed.

He shook his head.

"And yet, what of your future children, Kasumi-san? Would you not wish to have the lantern to guide them, just as it has guided those before you? I should not deprive you the opportunity to pass such a legacy on to them?" he said offering the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:24 pm

"Oh, my future children will receive all the guidance they need from myself and my dear spouse, whom I am sure will be a perfect match, judging by your clan's reputation Shika-sama." She tilted her had.

"Fat chance." The parrot did not give up apparently.

"I also hope that my legacy will be more prestigious then a single lantern."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:28 pm

Renji bowed, taking her words as her third offer.

"Then I would be honored to accept this gift, Kasumi-san, and I hope that when the time comes for your children to marry, you guide them here, so they might see this small bit of your legacy." he said.

(Kasumi gains 1 courtship point, 1 Glory, & 1 Honor!)