[D1, MM] Pictures from the River

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Susaki Tanabe

[D1, MM] Pictures from the River

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:12 am

Tanabe eventually finds his way up to Renji the massive Otter is dressed well enough for court though maybe a touch underdressed for addressing a clan champion. The brown kimono fit, if just barely. His unruly hair pulled back and almost tamed, his expression was pleasant as he restrained a nervous smile. Facing a giant opponent in the ring, a skilled warrior, even a great opponent on the battlefield, these were things he was trained for and knew how to do. Meeting a Clan Champion was far more terrifying.

He bowed low, probably too low "Hello Shika-sa- Shika-dono" he corrected himself shakily but recovered quick enough "I am glad you extended an invitation to so many of my cousins and myself here. It means a lot to our clan new as we are to have the opportunity to create connections to other clans and forge closer bonds through marriage." he hadn't really practiced this or thought much about what to say but his voice became more certain and steady as he went.

"To show my appreciation to you Shika-dono I brought you a small token." he held up a book bound by blue silk on quality paper, inside the book each page contained a drawing of a landscape or castle all in ink. The drawings weren't magnificent pieces of art crafted by Kakita artisans but they were clearly done by a skillful hand "This book here was made by one of the performers, a collection of scenes from all the places we visit on the river. A book filled with visions of the empire as seen by the Otter Clan." he finished confidently
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Shika Renji

Re: [D1, MM] Pictures from the River

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 am

Renji kept his demeanor friendly. Big as the Otter was, Renji was reasonby certain he could make the man run by yelling 'Boo!' really loudly, and that just would not set the proper tone for the miai. Some of the trickster spirits would find it hilarious...but no, he would find a way to amuse them later.

He smiled.

"A very thoughtful gift, Susaki-san. While it is not crafted by the hand of a master artisan, the love that went into it as your clan explored the river is evident." he offers as praise.

He shakes his head.

"However, would it not be more fitting to present this to your future spouse? You could give them a taste of what your clan is all about without having ever left dry land. Perhaps I should not accept this gift, so you might present it to them." he gives as the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:33 am

One could likely see the gears turning in Tanabe's head whoever created this tradition should be hitched to a ferry and dragged behind while we go upstream past a large city he thought to himself while he tried to come up with a quick retort, well not a quick one but a retort of some kind at least "Uh well Shika-dono, your concern is appreciated and I am sure my future spouse appreciates it too but I am a story teller myself and would rather be able to regale them with my fantastical descriptions of all the beautiful sights of both man and nature that we Otter see." yeah nailed it

He continued his tone even "please I would like you too have this as just a small gift to show how happy I am to be here."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Renji smiled a bit at that.

"I am glad to hear that you are happy to be here Susaki-san. I hope that the things you see within my walls inspire you to tell many stories." he says, pleased by the Otter's tone.

He shook his head.

"And yet, art is best shared with many rather than one person. Were I too accept this offering, so many would be denied the opportunity to learn more about the Otter, so perhaps it would be wiser to refuse it so others may enjoy it." he says, offering second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Alright deep breath but not to obvious we can do this, let's bring it home "Well Shika-dono it currently just stays with me a nice reminder of where I have been but ultimately I can just see those places again. It currently only serves one, myself, and I think it is now time it serves another. Please Shika-dono accept this gift see who we are through how we see where we've been." He alerts holding the book forward once more head bowed in the final offer.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:12 pm

Renji bows and accepts the gift into his hands.

"You honor us with this gift, Susaki-san." Renji said. "I hope that your time in Kyuden Shika inspires you for your future artistic endeavors."

(Susaki Tanabe gains 1 Courtship Point, 1 Glory, and 1 Honor)