[D1, MM] Weakness is strength [Gift-giving Event]

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Asahina Soyokaze

[D1, MM] Weakness is strength [Gift-giving Event]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:44 am

With short and uncertain steps Asahina Soyokaze approached the dais. He wears a ice blue kimono, a white feather pattern rains down from his right shoulder across his chest and back coming to meet again just below his left hip giving the impression that a crane had just taken flight from his shoulder, a lavender obi wrapped around his waist perhaps a bit too tightly. A personal attendant follows right behind him, placing a sizable object on the gift table, it’s features obscured by a white silk sheet.

In unison Soyokaze and his attendant bow, holding it for an uncomfortably long time. When they rise the attendant removes the silk sheet and steps back, revealing a pair of porcelain figures on a marble base. The first, a large and powerful stag bearing one white antler and one black It’s head ever so slightly bowed it still retains a commanding air. Facing the stag the second figure is that of crane, it’s wings outstretched, it’s whole body bowed seemingly in deference to the lord of the forest. Both figures bodies are crisscrossed with gold filigree, marking them out as creations of Kintsugi.

A small amount of pride crosses Soyokaze’s features upon seeing his work again, giving him the confidence to speak.

“Honorable Shika-dono I am Asahina Soyokaze and I wish to humbly thank you for admitting me into your lands and allowing me to partake in this most honorable event. To show I gratitude I present this gift, a diorama of or two grand clan namesakes rendered by my hand in the art of Kintsugi.” Soyokaze’s words begin to come softer now. “The Deer Clan are said to value imperfection, believing that weaknesses is a vital part of human nature. This is a philosophy that resonates deeply within me and I could think of no better metaphor for this than an artform that looks to build strength out of weakness. If it pleases you Lord I ask that you accept this with my gratitude.”

Soyokaze bows again, awaiting the Lords reply.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shika Renji

Re: [D1, MM] Weakness is strength [Gift-giving Event]

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 am

Renji bows at the introduction of the Crane, and listens politely as the Crane explains the piece. A few quite moments pass at the lord' examines the piece from multiple angles.

At last, he speaks.

"It is...a truly magnificent piece, Asahina-san. Extremely well thought out, and beautifully executed. You have done your sensei proud." he compliments sincerely.

"But truly, such a fine piece deserves a showcase even grander than my humble court. It should be displayed in Kyuden Doji or perhaps the Imperial Court. To keep it here denies far too many the opportunity to experience it." he says, offering the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:41 am

Deeply touched by the Daimyo's words Soyokaze bows and again holds it while he speaks, hoping none see the slight welling in his eyes.

"You do me great honor Lord Shika but this piece was meant to be here. Your deeds and your clans philosophy are the reason this piece exists. I am shamed to admit that before receiving your letter inviting me here I did not know much about your clan, I still do not but I have been eager to learn all I can. Upon receiving your letter the inspiration for this piece struck me like a bolt from Osano-Wo-kami. The spirit of the Shika created this piece, it is only right that reside in it’s true home here."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:11 pm

If Renji notices the welling in the Crane's eyes, he gave no sign. Crane tears were often not meant to be witnessed.

"I believe your words, Asahina-san, and I hope that over the course of your stay, you find yourself inspired every day." he agrees.

He shakes his head.

"And yet the spirit of the Shika is about uniting others. These two pieces belong together, but would they not serve bettas a a reminder to you in your household as a reminder of where you met your future partner? Surely the piece would bring the two of you much shared joy." he offers as second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 pm

"It is in the that spirit of uniting people that I offer this gift, it will come as no surprise to you the first thing I learned about your wonderful clan is our shared ancestry. The second thing I learned was how my clan has treated yours since it’s founding and before. Decisions are made in the moment, and by greater samurai than I, but I believe in my heart that we have been wrong in our treatment of the Deer. It does not befit the Crane Clan, especially considering you are our cousins and it is my sincere hope that this gift can act as but one stone in the bridge we must to build toward you. Lord Asahina is watching, we cannot disappoint him."

Soyokaze concludes his long bow and when he rises a smoldering intensity plays in his eyes, burning away his earlier emotion, the sincerity plainly written on his face. He seems slightly taller than before as he awaits the Great Stag's judgement.
Description

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:35 pm

The early admission of the Crane's ignorance of the Deer clan was surprising, but the outright admission of his Clan being at fault causes Renji to pause for a few moments.

"You are truly a quick student, Asahina-san whose talent with words matches his talents in Kintsugi. May they similarly unite people just as your artwork does. I will accept this gift, in the spirit of building that bridge Asahina-san so eloquently described." he says with a bow.

Servants come to move the heavy statues, but after a quick word of command from Renji, rather than moving them off to the side, or moving them to another chamber, they position them within the Great Hall itself.

(Asahina Soyokaze gains 1 Courtship point, 2 Glory and 2 Honor!)