Something to Remember

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Agasha Inoshishi

Something to Remember

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 am

Inoshishi enters the room in her formal attire, a far cry different from the dirty young woman she presented as yesterday. With a meal in her belly and a bath, her hair seems radiant and her eyes sparkle. Her green robes, embroidered in golden characters cunningly telling famous Dragon Koans in lines traced suggestively around her body.

She glides forward, walking with the stately calm of a Dragon courtier, bowing at an appropriate distance. When she speaks, for once her voice is slow and measured.

“Greetings, I bring greetings from my lord, Togashi Yoshi, as well as the Dragon Clan itself. I am Agasha Inoshishi and I am here for the miai. Also, if I may,” (for those so attuned, these words usher in the screams of a thousand dragon sensei) “This is a truly elegant castle, and I’ve been to quite a few of those, and these lines are so amazing! I bet my voice could carry even at a whisper! It’s really amazing!”

She reddens slightly, clears her throat, and looks down at the box in her hand.

“Right, sorry, I got carried away. I often do. My senseis all said I was many things, but mostly enthusiastic! ‘Ino-chan, if you are one thing, you’re enthusiastic. But you must learn to temper it!’ And I try, but it’s just all so exciting! I have so many stories I’d love to tell you! But alas, I only have time to present one to you. This is a story the Chroniclers keep of the time Togashi spoke to the kami of deer, written down by myself.”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shika Renji

Re: Something to Remember

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:15 pm

The young woman's energy did seem to bring an amused twinkle to the champion's eyes as he bowed to the vivacious Dragon.

"I have to admit, I have a great curiosity about this story, being unfamiliar with it myself." Renji replied.

"But surely a story such as that is for many to enjoy, not to be hoarded away by one such as myself. I should not accept it as a personal gift." he said, giving the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:02 pm

She bows to acknowledge his words and their propriety.

“You’re right, of course. If my lord will indulge me, I believe there is still a reason for you to accept this gift! As the champion of the Deer, you are a very honorable and noble samurai of lineage and of bearing. Surely you will share this gift with all your subjects, if that I have no doubt!

Also, if you don’t want to share the story I could! And I could do it in front of fire and make whooshes like” she makes a whooshing noise “and make the fire change color like woah and even do voices like this: ‘I am the deer, I speak for the forest’” She uses a deep voice for that last one. Her delightful storytelling skills are somewhat lessened by the bright light of the courtroom, but her enthusiasm makes it work.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:27 pm

Years of courtly training and a deep pool of composure kept Renji from laughing at the Dragon's antics.

"Truly, Agasha-san's generosity and devotion to the arts are to be commended." Renji offers as a compliment.

"But surely Agasha-san's purpose behind her visit is for the purposes of making a fine match. Surely, I should not impose on Agasha-san's time so overmuch with requiring more storytelling performances out of her." he gives as a second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Inoshishi bows at the compliment and flushes red as she realizes that she (again) was more exuberant than perhaps she should have been.

“Hai, my lord, that is indeed my purpose. What better way to win the attention of a suitor than demonstrating my skills while also appropriately honoring both my host, his lordship, and indeed the Deer clan with a story untold here in some time? Please, my lord, accept this gift as but a little thing for someone of your station. Treasured, like a nemurani, but still a small piece of appropriate ornamentation.”

She bows again, knowing the ritual is complete.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 am

Renji bows.

"Indeed, I will accept this gift in the spirit it is given, and hope that your match is someone who loves stories at least as half as much as you do." he says completing the ritual.

(Agasha Inoshihi gains 1 Courtship Point, 1 Glory, and 1 Honor!)