(D1, MM) Event: A Crane With A Gift

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kakita Akihiro

(D1, MM) Event: A Crane With A Gift

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:13 am

Kakita Akihiro drew before the dais with a sweeping bow to show the upmost respect for the daimyo's position in his own home.

The Crane was dressed in fancy silks with a blue and lighter blue striped patterned across the outer layer. The inner layer was red and blue in alternating squares. His katana was being polished as is proper which was weird on the Kakita's balance but his bow was still appropriate in length.

He comes bearing gifts! Well one gift.

"Shika-sama, it is with great humility that I speak before you and offer this red silk ribbon on behalf of my clan." He draws open a box to reveal a red ribbon lying in a soft case like a piece of jewelry.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Renji

Re: (D1, MM) Event: A Crane With A Gift

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:23 am

Renji bowed, and inspected the ribbon. Then there was a pause, as if Renji was waiting for the Crane to go further into detail about his reasons behind the gift, who made the gift, it's significance.....

When nothing further came out of the Crane's mask, protocol demanded an answer from the Deer Clan Champion.

"Your humility speaks volumes about the nature of your character, Kakita-san. Truly, your presence within my lands is gift enough, anything more would be overgenerous." he replied.

It wasn't a lot for the Crane to work with, but the game required a certain level of building up. Renji hoped the second offer was more detailed so he could play the game with a bit more finesse.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:28 am

"My lord, to be in your presence is a gift. Your walls, your forests, and your people all speak highly of your acumen, your intelligence, and your grace. I, standing before you, see it all the more clearly. My own presence is far too insignificant for me to accept that it could hold a hundred thousandth of the weight as a gift." Akihiro bowed a second time and put the ribbon in the Shika's direction once again. Hopefully this wasn't going too terribly. Normally he had the Doji or whatever courtier handle this part but there was no Doji to corral into showing up sober.

"My most esteemed lord, and the head of my family, Kakita Yoshi, wish you and your family good tidings into the future. On their behalf I offer this simple token of understanding of the Deer's place in the tapestry of Rokugan. The red silk which weaves the other threads into a vibrant visage of visionary art." The silk goes towards the Shika once again. Akihiro hoped that he didn't misstep on anything too poorly.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm

Renji nodded satisfied with the Crane's second offer, it was definitely much stronger than the first.

"A truly wonderful sentiment, Kakita-san." Renji offers, pleased with the Crane's words. "As I said, your humility speaks of the noble character within."

He shook his head.

"And yet, while you stay within our halls, the point of your stay is your marriage to your future spouse. Such a ribbon would be well-suited for your wedding bringing the two of you together. Surely I should not deprive you of such." he offers as second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 pm

Akihiro expected this one. "And who is to facilitate that wonderful match? The Shika, whose efforts on behalf of myself and my lord must be recognized with a symbol of our gratitude for your kindness. Indeed what better way to set off an auspicious match than with a reminder, and a hope, that both Musabi-no-kami and Benten-no-kami see fit to guide the hand of the matchmaker to the perfect red string of fate." A final bow and he moves the ribbon closer to the Shika daimyo.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Renji bows, and accepts the ribbon.

"Well said, Kakita-san." Renji said, accepting the gift. "With this in mind, I look forward to your successful match, and pray that the fortunes bless it."

(Akihiro gains 1 Courtship point, 1 Glory, and 1 Honor!)

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:09 pm

"Thank you Shika-sama." Akihiro said after handing it over and then moves out of the queue to allow the next gift-giver.