[D1, MM] How Bad Could It Be?

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Seppun Unsei

[D1, MM] How Bad Could It Be?

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 pm

Unsei was in no way, shape, or form, a courtier. They were a shugenja and that was that. It was debated if they were even a good shugenja, which they thought themselves to be, but not everyone saw eye to eye with the Seppun on the best of days.

Still, that didn't stop them from carefully walking up to the minor clan champion like they were something more than just a special speck of dust in this whirlpool of a universe. The silks that draped their thin body were rich, dark, and no where near the traditional Seppun colors. Golden and silver stars were embroidered across the garment, almost twinkling with every step. On top of their head, perched perfectly there, was their unmistakable hat, tassels and all. Though, today their incredibly long hair was braided carefully behind them, which helped lift it from the ground by about a foot and a half. Of course, their hair was parted in such a way that the star (or diamond) shaped birthmark in the center of their forehead was easily seen. Situated on their face was a sweet smile that just barely was shown, their On only slightly broken depending on how the most critical of Doji were to look at it.

Their warm, honey-brown eyes fell right past the champion before they bowed politely.

I forgot to ask the stars how this would go today. May they bless me.

"It took me several days to figure out what to bring you. After all, there was little doubt in my mind that the other guests here would bring the best that they could, giving you enough gifts to fill room after room. Stars forbid that I bring something which you have already been given, as well. It would be a terrible thought that I'm sure many courtiers lose sleep over, but thankfully I understand my place is not to worry about things like that." They smiled gently, the simple motion giving them a look of harmlessness as they produced a box.

"During such strife-filled times such as this, I thought it would be best to offer you something that you could enjoy with those you care about while having tea." With that said, they removed the lid of the box to reveal several perfectly crafted wagashi in neat rows. All were unique to one another. There was one shaped like a lotus, a peach, a sakura, a maple leaf, a chrysanthemum, and a rose.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Renji

Re: [D1, MM] How Bad Could It Be?

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:54 am

Shika Renji bowed.

"You've brought me quite the selection, Seppun-san." Renji said. "May they be as appealing to the tongue as they are to the eye."

Renji paused.

"However, this event is not for me, but for you." Renji said. "It would make a fine offering to those with whom you wish to learn if you are destined to spend the rest of your life with. Perhaps you should keep it to share with them."
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:10 am

(I, uh, meant Unsei being the speck of dust. Cus, in this situation they are. Kinda what happens when any average base gen char meets a clan champ xD I had meant it as Unsei walking up confidently, like they were better than the speck of dust that they actually are.)

"Ah, this is true, but I had brought this with you in mind. Keeping it for whoever might end up at my side would be a dishonor to them as this gift was never intended to be in their hands... or in their belly for that matter." They answered smoothly. With too much smoothness honestly. They were pulling every ounce of knowledge they had heard from their drunk Otomo aunt as they could.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:22 am

Renji smiled a bit.

"Ah, I see. I am, of course, honored that you had me in your thoughts when you selected this gift, Seppun-san." Renji replied smoothly, though his was actual court training.

He paused a bit.

"Still, perhaps that is enough of a gift, the knowledge that you held me high enough regard to personally select this gift. Truly, no further gift should be required for the simple act of offering you hospitality." he said, giving the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:29 am

Unsei was mostly keeping their cool. Mostly, of course. Their drunk aunt had gotten them this far, but gift giving wasn't in her usual set of skills either. She was just a really, really good gossiper... mostly because she was a massive drunk. So, this was new territory.

But, that had never stopped Unsei before. As long as they didn't try to flirt this guy into bed with them, it would go fine, and since they were on the last leg of this journey, nothing could go wrong.

"If you believe it is, Shika-sama, then who am I to say no to it, but..." There was a bit of a sweetly sly smile, meant to be cute more than anything malicious, "These poor wagashi would go without their intended recipient and they are treats meant to be paired with tea and savoured with those you care about, rather than passed by."

Weak ending, but oh well. This guy's kinda hot, too... for a Deer anyway.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:10 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:29 am
Unsei was mostly keeping their cool. Mostly, of course. Their drunk aunt had gotten them this far, but gift giving wasn't in her usual set of skills either. She was just a really, really good gossiper... mostly because she was a massive drunk. So, this was new territory.

But, that had never stopped Unsei before. As long as they didn't try to flirt this guy into bed with them, it would go fine, and since they were on the last leg of this journey, nothing could go wrong.

"If you believe it is, Shika-sama, then who am I to say no to it, but..." There was a bit of a sweetly sly smile, meant to be cute more than anything malicious, "These poor wagashi would go without their intended recipient and they are treats meant to be paired with tea and savoured with those you care about, rather than passed by."

Weak ending, but oh well. This guy's kinda hot, too... for a Deer anyway.
Renji smiled at them, looking hot.

"Well, then in the spirit of friendship, I shall accept your offering, Seppun-san, with the hope that you find some time to have tea with me as well to enjoy the treats together." he said, accepting the gift.

(Seppun Unsei Gains 1 Courtship point, 1 Glory & 1 Honor)

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:10 pm

"Tea? With you, Shika-sama? If I am allowed to speak plainly... then I feel that while I am rather egotistical at the best of times, tea with a Clan Champion would only make such a condition much worse, and I am afraid that there are already some here who can barely tolerate me as it is." They giggled lightly, enjoying their small joke. "I would become a menace, truly."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Renji nodded.

"Well, I would be a poor host indeed were I to make you a menace, do let me know if things change." he said politely, with a bit of a smile.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:06 pm

"Doubtful. I've always been rather full of myself, but I do thank you for the opportunity and I do hope that you enjoy the wagashi."

If you even eat them, of course.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:15 pm

/scene
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind