(D1, MM) Matching Agility (Gift-Giving Event)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Seppun Yuzu

(D1, MM) Matching Agility (Gift-Giving Event)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm

As soon as a cue to permission is provided, the young Governor approaches the dais and bows low to the Lord of the Deer. Then, he slowly produces a wrapping from his back, with bamboo motifs, containing the gift. He greets, "Shika-sama. This one is Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. It is with great honor that I thank the Deer Clan for such a shining display of hospitality. I am deeply humbled to have been invited, so soon in my years of service, to one of the most famous, if not the very one, miai ceremony in the Empire."

After a small pause, the boy recounts the rehearsed words and unwraps the cloth, showing a beautifully well-crafted kendama. As he offers with both hands, the young Seppun says, "Please, accept this humble gesture of gratitude. An item that was so dear to me when I was younger, that I would be honored to entrust to Shika-sama's care, as well as I do myself to the work of his Clan's matchmakers."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shika Renji

Re: (D1, MM) Matching Agility (Gift-Giving Event)

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Renji matches Yuzu's earnestness with the appropriate amount of gravitas as he inspects the offering.

"A very nice piece of craftsmanship, Seppun-san, as befits the boy that preceded the man you are today. I'm sure Seppun-san spent many hours with it growing into the nimble young man he is today, a trait appreciated by the Deer." he remarks.

"However, I think it would be a shame to deny you the opportunity to pass this small bit of your childhood on to your own children, and watch them grow in your image. Perhaps it would be best to leave it in your care until you can give it to them." he says, with the first refusal.

The extra emphasis the Seppun places on the word dear is politely ignored. Renji had most likely heard every Deer pun in existence twice at this point, but he would not shame the young man for his earnest attempt.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 pm

Not bad is what he thinks to himself. One cannot go without the pun and risk disrespecting tradition. A risquè move that no samurai of good honor should be shy to try at lease once in their lifetime.

After a deep breath, "Some say that to do get married, one must forfeit part of their youth. I would think differently, and instead of simply letting go of one's youth, they should share it. My own children will share the fruit of Shika-sama's guidance and that of his Clan. They will grow in my image, and that of the match made in this very place. If Shika-sama is inspired with joy due this humble toy while he and his retainers idealize the match for me, I am sure my children will inherit such feeling."

A pause, and he reinforces, inclining himself and extending his arms even further "I would be honored if Shika-sama accepts."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 pm

Renji nods.

"That my clan might not only find a match for a man of your standing, Seppun-san, but for that of your children is a great honor." Renji agrees.

He gives a small shake of the head.

"However, truly that honor is more than a gift enough for the simple act of hosting Seppun-san. This is more than a simple toy, but a physical connection to Seppun-san's childhood. Added on top of the honor of Seppun-san's presence, it would be too generous." he says, offering the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:54 pm

Yuzu takes a moment to think about that, and, for a moment, nearly withdraws the gift. But his honorable intention remains true, and he offers the toy once more, leaning even further, "I must insist. Shika-sama must have years of dutiful service behind him that may have distanced him from the joyful days of his own youth, and I would be selfish to hold this memory just to myself when I can share. I am sure Shika-sama will find this simple piece of wood quite insightful and relaxing, as it requires agility, correct timing, and precise moves to make sure the main goal fits perfectly in one of the many cups, or get properly fixed through the sword."

The young Seppun lifts himself up quite quickly –– and dangerously –– to enjoy the moment and show off some of his skills like a pro. After all, he owed the kami within the toy a good display before he finally gives it away, if the Lord of the Deer so accepts it.

--
Play with the toy to impress the Deer Lord positively. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
Opportunity: Learn another character in the scene’s demeanor (if an NPC) and current strife -> Shika Lord
DescriptionTheme

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 am

(Demeanor: Playful Current Strife: 0)

Renji smiles at the display.

"Quite a good presentation, Seppun-sama, I would be honored to accept such a gift." he says with a bow, before taking the toy.

"You know, I used to dabble in kendama myself, let me see if I remember it at all."

Renji takes up the toy, and then without looking manages to catch the ball several times, including a few no look passes around the back all the while keeping the toy in motion."

Kendama? I believe I've done that once or twice. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image Image Image

(Pass, 2 opportunities spent just to show off, no strife gained).

The ball finishes it's travel with a resounding clack.

"Ah yes, like I said, I've played once or twice." he offered. "Again, you have my thanks, Seppun-sama."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:46 am

Yuzu's smile nearly cracks a tiny little bit. A good accomplishment that only the Shika Lord sees. Soon, the Seppun bows, saying, "Shika-sama's skills are formidable. I am honored. The toy has now a true master. Thank you for the kindness and for receiving me, once again."
DescriptionTheme

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:48 am

(Seppun Yuzu Gains 1 courtship point, 1 Glory and 1 Honor!)

/scene
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind