[D1 MM, Event] Hart of Stone

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kasuga Yoshi

[D1 MM, Event] Hart of Stone

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Yoshi steps forward with a confidence that is (mostly) unfeigned, a lacquered wood case in his hands.

"Lord Shika-dono, I convey my deepest gratitude for your hospitality. We in the Tortoise are our courtly manners, nor for our crafting, but I do hope that it is known that what we offer, we offer from every part of ourselves."

Yoshi bows and holds out the box. "The box is crafted from the timbers that we use for our ships, polished and weatherproofed for safe delivery." He cracks open the case to show a set of figured made of stone. The figures are roughhewn, clearly not made by an artisan, and clearly not made of an expensive material, but show a stag, doe and fawns in enough detail to be made out.

Let's hope that your estimations were right Yamori-sensei, and that shaping these stupid things by hand was worth it.

"I picked these stones from the shores of Slow Tide Harbor myself. I hope you accept our offering of thanks and friendship"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Shika Renji

Re: [D1 MM, Event] Hart of Stone

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Renji bows and considers the gift.

"A very thoughtful gift, Kasuga-san. While I have been to the capital, I've not had the opportunity to visit Slow Tide Harbor. I am honored that in your time there you took the time to find such a lovely pairing of your clan and mine with such minimal effort by the hand of man, as if nature itself wished for the two to be intertwined." he said.

He shook his head.

"And yet, would it not be more fitting for such a gift to rest within your new home as a reminder of your time both in Slow Tide Harbor, and here in Kyuden Shika? I should not wish to deprive your new household of such a thing." he says, giving the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Yoshi bows again. It was a curious choice of first refusal, but not one that was difficult to think of a response to.

"Your concern is touching Shika-dono, but I intend to leave here with a betrothed, and from that will be a lifetime of reminders of our time here. Please, I insist, a gift to your Clan is well deserved, and remains a symbol of friendship between our two Clans, as sturdy as stone itself."

Or as brittle as one, depending on your interpretation. Yoshi thinks darkly, but does not say. Double meanings in gifts were common enough, as unintended that one might be. It would be curious what refusal would be next.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Renji smiled a bit at the Tortoise's assertion.

"Oh, rest assured, Kasuga-san, I have no doubt that you will be leaving this miai betrothed, that you will make many fond memories from your meeting here, nor that their is a great friendship between our clans." he said.

"But I must consider your future children. Would it perhaps not be wise to have this gift to give unto them, to bless their own marriages, years down the road?" he says, giving the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:06 pm

"Lord Shika-dono is again most thoughtful. However, these pieces were made to honor and respect you and yours. My own descendants will indeed receieve many keepsakes from my time here, but would not their meaning be more finely tuned with the loving touch of their mother? No, the pieces will have greatest care and meaning presented to you. Please accept my humble offering."

Yoshi bows again, offering the gift for the third time.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:44 pm

And the Lord of the Shika bows at that.

"In such a spirit I will accept this gift, Kasuga-san with the hope that you and yours not only find happiness, but have the opportunity to share it with the Deer in the future." he says, taking the gift.

(Kasuga Yoshi earnes 1 Courtship point, 1 Glory, and 1 honor!)

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:59 pm

(OOC: Courtesy check to see if Well of Desire activates? Or just TN -1 at the next social check to Shika Renji?)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:05 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:59 pm
(OOC: Courtesy check to see if Well of Desire activates? Or just TN -1 at the next social check to Shika Renji?)
(Just the -1. There's bets being placed on whether you remember to take advantage of it or not :D)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind