(D1 MM) A Dear Thing

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kitsu Murato

(D1 MM) A Dear Thing

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:21 pm

Murato likely draws a few odd looks as he approaches holding a small bundle wrapped within a cloth, not unlike someone might carry a baby. But it did not move or make a sound, so that was clearly not what he bore. When he reaches the appropriate spot he moves to both knees to set the piece on the floor. It had some weight to it, but was apparently not so heavy to be a terrible burden. Pulling away the cloth wrapping, it reveals what looks for the briefest of moments might be an actual newborn fawn. But the surprise, if there is any, would fade quickly as it becomes clear that this one is stone.

Carved from some sort of light reddish-brown stone, it has inlays cut from the back that were filled with a common white quartz to represent the baby deer's spotted coat. The eyes also have a darker brown and black stone inlay that has been polished to reflectiveness. It is depicted as laying peacefully. A fully life sized, tiny, and much sturdier representation of a very delicate creature. Looking at it directly, it's obvious that it is fake, but one can only wonder how real it might seem if seen from a distance or just at a glance while it was lying in a garden.

He bowed deeply to the host and offered his initial respects. "Shika Renji-sama, I am Kitsu Murato, and I am honored and gladdened by the invitation you have granted to me to attend this miai. I have brought this gift in thanks for your kindness and hospitality. It is a garden decoration that my father fancied from his family home in Otosan Uchi before he joined the Kitsu in marriage. Just as he had a deer to provide him with good fortune in his marriage, I offer it to you that it might oversee and bring good fortune to betrothals and marriages arranged here... as Deer are wont to do," he says, rising from the bow when appropriate.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Re: (D1 MM) A Dear Thing

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:25 pm

Renji bowed and considered the piece thoughtfully.

"It gladdens my heart that even a stone deer can bring one happiness in marriage." Renji says.

"But given that we are here to arrange your own marriage, would it not make more sense for you to keep this guardian with you as you embark upon your own journey towards marriage?" he says, giving the first refusal.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

"It has already brought my family good fortune. It is my honor to share such with others. It may yet bring fortune to many more, watching over those that come here seeking the same blessing my family has already received," Murato replies, reiterating the offer, with another bow.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:52 pm

Renji nodded.

"It could indeed, and Kitsu-san is to be commended for his compassion for his fellow seekers of marital bliss, even those he has yet to meet." Renji returns.

However, a small shake of the head is given.

"And yet, speaking of the happiness of those Kitsu-san has not yet met, would it not perhaps be wiser to retain this guardian for the benefit of Kitsu-san's future children? Surely, Kitsu-san would wish to see to their happiness as well." he says, giving the second refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:07 pm

"That would indeed be beneficial for them. But they and future descendants may yet have the chance to be even more blessed, like myself, to have many more deer looking out for their future... including this little one," he offers in return with yet another bow.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Renji bows.

"Then I will accept this gift, and hope that one day, they too shall enjoy the hospitality of the deer and can also view the piece that you so generously provided, thus strengthening the bonds between our family and yours." he says, accepting the piece.

(Kitsu Murato gains 1 courtship point, 1 Glory, and 1 Honor)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 pm

"May the fortunes bless you and this great event," Murato offered expecting a dismissal, offering a final deep bow before making room for the next gift giver.