D1, MM, A Ronin's Gift

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Aimi

D1, MM, A Ronin's Gift

Post by Aimi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 am

Aimi has no fine clothes to wear, no jewellery or perfume to freshen her appearance, only clean clothing and a polite smile. Well, so be it. She has worked greater miracles with less in her hand before, after all, this is just one more. The faint whispers from the rest of the hall when she approaches, this strange wanderer in the court of a daimyo, merely sharpens her resolve.

"This humble one greets Shika-dono," she says, bowing low enough to touch her forehead to the ground. "Having received the hospitality of your home, it seems only fitting to offer the hospitality of mine own."

A ronin has no fixed home, of course, but as Aimi presents her gift the comment makes sense. An artist's book, loose sheathes of paper held together by loops of twine, the sort of thing a student artisan might take with them to record impressions and ideas for later. On each page is a collection of work - sketches of a mountainous skyline, stories recorded from fellow travellers, poems jotted down in quiet moments when inspiration struck and more. A diary of sorts, a journal of Aimi's wanderings and the sights and stories experienced along the way.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shika Renji

Re: D1, MM, A Ronin's Gift

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:10 pm

Despite Aimi's humble origins and gift, there is no sense of dismissiveness from the Deer clan champion. His bow is shallower for her, of course, because he could not offer insult to his other guests by treating her with greater respect than her position warranted, but his smile is friendly all the same.

"Ah, these are quite beautiful, Aimi-san, much like yourself. A true artist can look past a work's humble origins and appreciate it's essence." he says.

He offers a small shake of the head.

"But truly, works such as these should be kept in circulation for more than just myself to appreciate. I could not accept them and deprive others of the chance to appreciate them." he says, offering the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Shika Renji wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:10 pm
"But truly, works such as these should be kept in circulation for more than just myself to appreciate. I could not accept them and deprive others of the chance to appreciate them." he says, offering the first refusal.
"You are kind, Shika-dono, but if kept on my person they would scarcely be shown to a handful of fellow wanderers, in danger of damage by rain or other perils of the road," Aimi replies, rising from her bow but remaining on her knees, that her head cannot rise above that of her host, "I should prefer them to be in the hands of one I know appreciates the essence of my humble attempts at art, and I can think of none finer than my gracious host."

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 pm

"Your devotion to both art and it's preservation speaks very highly of you, Aimi-san." Renji agrees.

"But I would say at the end of this miai there is a high chance you will find yourself a wanderer no more. Would it not be better to keep such a reminder of your wandering days in your new home, perhaps as a gift to your partner so they might better understand you?" he says, giving the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:23 pm

Shika Renji wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 pm
"Your devotion to both art and it's preservation speaks very highly of you, Aimi-san." Renji agrees.

"But I would say at the end of this miai there is a high chance you will find yourself a wanderer no more. Would it not be better to keep such a reminder of your wandering days in your new home, perhaps as a gift to your partner so they might better understand you?" he says, giving the second refusal.
"A fair point, Shika-dono," Aimi says with a soft smile, ducking her head, "Yet is that not the truest reason why they should stay as they are? I have come to Kyuden Shika as a wanderer, with a wanderer's chronicle in my possession. As one chapter of my life ends, so too should the work that records it. As I place my future in your trust, so too shall I place my past."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:26 pm

Renji bowed.

"Wise words, Aimi-san. I will accept this gift in the hopes that we can have you blessed with a partner who can truly appreciate your wisdom, your skill, and more." he said taking the simple offering.

(Aimi gains 1 courtship point, 1 Glory, and 1 Honor!)