(D1: MM: Event) Hand-carved gift

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaikoga Koi

(D1: MM: Event) Hand-carved gift

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:13 am

Koi waited a long time during the gift offering ceremony, she allowed all the Great Clans and any Imperials to partake before she wanted to present her gifts last thing she wanted was to upset someone else over the fact that she presented an item first. The Moth lingered in the crowds watching gifts being presented, and the old ritual repeated over and over again. Koi felt sorry for the clan champion, to repeat one self over and over is alarmingly taxing especially when its as regimented as it is.

Today the Koi had taken out her favourite kimono from her sister, it had been the gift she sent to her from Kyuden Kakita. A kimono of purple, with hues of lilacs covered with silver moons, and silver stars illuminating lilac hued Moth's. The kimono was very fashionable at this time, and it made the jade hues of Koi's eyes sparkle. Her hair was plaited carefully, beads having been spread throughout the hair and a small silver Moth clip brought her outfit together with a little make-up. Koi perhaps looks the most beautiful she could for the moment, inside her stomach twisted knots over and over again until she was happy with the queue of samurai that have gone before her and approached.

As much as Koi did not love her family, today the beautiful Moth represented her clan as beautifully as she could.

"Shika-dono, thank you for inviting me into your hearth and into your home." Koi would say in as clear, light, pleasant and silvery voice as she could after bowing deep before the Clan Daimyo of the Deer Clan. "In gratitude I offer you a gift that I have spent many nights crafting for you on behalf of myself and that of the Moth Clan from wood collected from the oldest trees within our forest. These trees are blessed by the denizens of Yume-do for it holds many stories of those finding pleasant dreams, when I searched for the right wood to produce these cups I was guided there by Deer Baku spirit that lead me to a branch that had been separated from the tree by a storm and wished for me to craft from it."

Koi produced a box that she had been carrying, it had been hand carved simply but it carried the Mon of the Deer clan upon the top and painted with the clan's colour. The wood was a rich chocolate brown from a spruce tree sanded and smoothed carefully over time, opening the lid held the traditional sake cups including a larger vessel to hold sake to be poured. As the containing box opened the scent of freshly carved wood could be smelt for a moment, sake cups was polished smooth and dark with a shining varnish which at the bottom contained a small deer with small moths adoring the inside of the cup and outside of the flask.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Renji

Re: (D1: MM: Event) Hand-carved gift

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:48 pm

Despite the moth having waited for so long, Renji received her as politely as he had the first gift giver. He bowed, and gave her a friendly smile.

"Ah, truly Kaikoga-san, your skills as an artist are beautiful to behold, much like yourself. Your mere presence within my lands is a blessing indeed, I could not accept a gift beyond that for so simple a thing as having you here." he says, giving the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Koi felt for a moment her throat flush as the heat of embarrassment catches her as she inspected the Daimyo with his compliments. "Your words are kind, and I shall remember them going forward within the city during the coming days."

She thought for a brief moment before saying kindly. "Its from this forest this wood was harvested that I was gifted my beauty, and I learnt my skills from the spirits that we have developed a bond with that I learnt these skills. Its the blessing of those woods I wish for you that our friendship shall grow if you Shika-dono please accept these."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Renji smiled.

"They sound like lovely woods, Kaikoga-san. Perhaps someday in the future you can show them to me, as a friend. However, your friendship means a great deal to me, I could not accept another gift on top of that." he says, giving the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Koi genuinely smiled, the jade in her eyes bloomed like a flower stretching towards the light. "They are the most incredible woods, and I would be honoured should you find yourself in the area."

She held out the gift a third time, and bowed her head. "These bowls I have spent several nights working on them painstakingly from my village until I arrived here, alone and they harbour all the experiences I endured on that travel filled with all my dreams and best wishes for the continued growth of our clans as such I must insist, Shika-sama please accept these gifts."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Renji bowed.

"Then it is in the spirit of growth for our clans, both individually and together than I shall accept this gift, Kaikoga-san. You have my thanks." he said accepting the gift.

(Kaikoga Koi earns 1 Courtship point, 1 Glory & 1 Honor)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Koi would bow once more and take three steps bowing again before turning on the ball of her foot. She only then allowed a sigh of relief.

/scene.