(D1, MM) A Sandalwood Fan

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kakita Sakura

(D1, MM) A Sandalwood Fan

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:29 am

Sakura approaches the governor early in the ceremony- dressed in more formal garb than she was yesterday, the Crane is now dressed in a kimono- although a summer kimono rather than winter. Her hair's done up in the fashions of court, as well- Sakura intends to make a good first impression.

On a closer look, one can see that the pattern on her kimono is a scene of flowers in bloom, with more than a few lilies embroidered onto the garment. Sakura bows deeply as she approaches the Daimyo- the Clan Champion of the Deer, holding a fan in both hands. "Shika-dono, please accept this one's thanks for inviting me to Kyuden Shika, and to this Miai. As a token of my gratitude, please accept this gift-"

She opens the fan, showing a pattern of flowers as the Crane presents the fan. Orange osmanthus, for nobility and truth. Sakurasou, for long-lasting love and bonds. And sunflowers, for loyalty and longevity.

(Flower meanings taken from this site.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shika Renji

Re: (D1, MM) A Sandalwood Fan

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:43 am

Renji takes a moment to carefully inspect and appreciate the offering. His voice is genteel and cultured with perhaps a touch of rustic charm. If Sakura did not know who he was, she would have placed him as one of the Crane's more rural governors. Refined, but not quite the level of refinement one experiences in the major courts.

"Ah, Kakita-san. You already honor my clan with your presence. Your gift is both thoughtful and lovely, just as you yourself are. Accepting it would be far too much. We are content with your presence alone." he said, offering the first refusal.
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 am

Shika Renji wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:43 am
Renji takes a moment to carefully inspect and appreciate the offering. His voice is genteel and cultured with perhaps a touch of rustic charm. If Sakura did not know who he was, she would have placed him as one of the Crane's more rural governors. Refined, but not quite the level of refinement one experiences in the major courts.

"Ah, Kakita-san. You already honor my clan with your presence. Your gift is both thoughtful and lovely, just as you yourself are. Accepting it would be far too much. We are content with your presence alone." he said, offering the first refusal.
Sakura smiles. “And I am humbled to accept your hospitality, Shika-dono. This was made by a friend I have made, Kakita Kasumi. It was made that one might be able to experience the flowers even without sight… for she has managed to infuse the fan with the scent of the flowers, flowers
that are common in the gardens of Kyuden Kakita. Please, accept this reminder of my home, as you have welcomed me into your home.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 am

Sakura smiles. “And I am humbled to accept your hospitality, Shika-dono. This was made by a friend I have made, Kakita Kasumi. It was made that one might be able to experience the flowers even without sight… for she has managed to infuse the fan with the scent of the flowers, flowers
that are common in the gardens of Kyuden Kakita. Please, accept this reminder of my home, as you have welcomed me into your home.”
Renji pauses a moment to enjoy the scent of the fan a bit more.

"Truly, your friend is quite the talented artist, Kakita-san. While I have never personally travelled to Kyuden Kakita, the scent does remind me of the last time I strode the thousand blossom path in Kyuden Doji, a few years ago."

He pauses.

"But I am also reminded, Kakita-san, that just as the scents of flowers fade into memory, so too is your time with us all too brief. Perhaps it would be more fitting for it to remain in your possession, a physical token of your friendship with Kakita Kasumi, while you are away from her while I remain content with merely the memory of it and you alone." he says, offering the second refusal.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 am

Shika Renji wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:06 am

Renji pauses a moment to enjoy the scent of the fan a bit more.

"Truly, your friend is quite the talented artist, Kakita-san. While I have never personally travelled to Kyuden Kakita, the scent does remind me of the last time I strode the thousand blossom path in Kyuden Doji, a few years ago."

He pauses.

"But I am also reminded, Kakita-san, that just as the scents of flowers fade into memory, so too is your time with us all too brief. Perhaps it would be more fitting for it to remain in your possession, a physical token of your friendship with Kakita Kasumi, while you are away from her while I remain content with merely the memory of it and you alone." he says, offering the second refusal.
“Shika-dono, this is true. But this fan is not only a reminder of my home- the flowers that are displayed upon it and through the scents it bears represent this court perfectly, and the blessings that come to all who accept your hospitality. I can think of no better place for it, and I would ask that you accept this gift, that it might serve as a token of my esteem for the Deer.”

That Sakura's last and most personal reason is her esteem for the Deer is entirely deliberate- and a message that she doesn’t disdain them merely for being a Minor Clan.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:42 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 am

“Shika-dono, this is true. But this fan is not only a reminder of my home- the flowers that are displayed upon it and through the scents it bears represent this court perfectly, and the blessings that come to all who accept your hospitality. I can think of no better place for it, and I would ask that you accept this gift, that it might serve as a token of my esteem for the Deer.”

That Sakura's last and most personal reason is her esteem for the Deer is entirely deliberate- and a message that she doesn’t disdain them merely for being a Minor Clan.
Renji smiles and bows to the Kakita.

"I would gladly accept the fan as a symbol of your esteem for the Deer clan, Kakita-san. Let it's presence and display within our halls be both a symbol of that, and a promise that you will return to us someday after your time at the miai." he offers accepting the fan from the offering Kakita.

(Kakita Sakura gains 1 Courtship Point, 1 Glory & 1 Honor!)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 am

Sakura smiles, bowing in return. “It would be my honour, Shika-dono.”

Then, the ceremony done, she moves back to the opening ceremonies to mingle.