(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaito Oubaihime

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:11 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:10 pm

"Horseshit."

He fixed the Kaito with a level stare.

"I'm wearing some stupid kimono that costs more than it should. Fine. Doesn't change who I am. Same goes for you. Don't make me go buy you something fancy just to prove the point, 'cause Fortunes know, I'll probably pick something tacky."
"Language, Shiba san!" The Kaito scolded, then chuckled. "You don't need to worry about that." Then she laughed at a silly idea. "Maybe the ones who want to court this one will grant such gift. When I go back to the temple I will go with crates of fancy clothes."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:44 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:40 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:00 pm

"Thank you kindly, Kitsu-san," Narumi was already looking better.
To Yasu, she looks down at the tall Crab's hand but a moment before placing hers forward as well. Then... well... her gaze tracked back to the mountain.
"Hai... it's been an ailment of some note since this one was but a girl. I try to keep it to myself but..." A simple shrug, and now Narumi was blushing.
"I've gotten to know it, and am generally good at avoiding exertion, which aggravates the condition." With her free hand, she rubbed her lower lip lightly, and also lowered her voice. How to phrase this?
"It afflicted me early yesterday's morning as well, at the inn shortly after my arrival, where Asahina-san... um... He's very nice. And kind." What's come over me? the Otter was thoroughly at a loss in uncharted waters.
Yasu takes the Otter's hand in both of hers, one hiding the other as she feels the condition of her pulse and skin without looking down at it. Better that, if anyone notices, it's seen as an overly public display of affection, or perhaps a moment addressing some other high emotion. Those rumors would be more favorable than the ones a public medical examination would fuel.

"Hmm. Do you take anything regularly for the condition? I admit I'm a little concerned about it kicking up around Asahina-san." She glances across the hall once more, painted eyes...all of them...full of suspicion. "He might not even be aware if it's a tricky or malevolent spiritual affliction," she adds. Better to avoid a panic about possible maho until she knew more.

Even his great size seemed suspect now. Physical alterations were very common in the corrupted. And then there were the various creatures willing to put on a show of being a normal human. Yasu shifts her seat a bit, releasing Narumi's hand, settling so the conversation leaves Narumi a less direct line of sight toward the dias. "Probably best not to look at him till that's settled."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:54 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:11 am
"Language, Shiba san!" The Kaito scolded, then chuckled. "You don't need to worry about that." Then she laughed at a silly idea. "Maybe the ones who want to court this one will grant such gift. When I go back to the temple I will go with crates of fancy clothes."
"Now there's a thought- a miiko fashion plate..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:05 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:44 am
Yasu takes the Otter's hand in both of hers, one hiding the other as she feels the condition of her pulse and skin without looking down at it. Better that, if anyone notices, it's seen as an overly public display of affection, or perhaps a moment addressing some other high emotion. Those rumors would be more favorable than the ones a public medical examination would fuel.

"Hmm. Do you take anything regularly for the condition? I admit I'm a little concerned about it kicking up around Asahina-san." She glances across the hall once more, painted eyes...all of them...full of suspicion. "He might not even be aware if it's a tricky or malevolent spiritual affliction," she adds. Better to avoid a panic about possible maho until she knew more.

Even his great size seemed suspect now. Physical alterations were very common in the corrupted. And then there were the various creatures willing to put on a show of being a normal human. Yasu shifts her seat a bit, releasing Narumi's hand, settling so the conversation leaves Narumi a less direct line of sight toward the dias. "Probably best not to look at him till that's settled."
His spirits lifted by the gift giving being completed - and successfully to boot - Bo noticed the scrutiny. Oblivious, however, as to the thoughts behind it and spotting the Otter he just offers a big smile and friendly wave at the duo from across the room.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:43 pm
Asahina Bo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:05 am
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Narumi listened intently, her brow furrowing into deep lines. Then she blinked. Wait.
"Kuni-san... Kuni-san... I don't think he's cursed. I mean, you would know better than a lowly Otter, but I just don't think..."
She glances back to Bo, her gaze lingering on him for several long moments-- and then he's grinning and waving at her? Oh kami! There was no hiding it or reigning it back. Her cheeks flushed and she smiled crookedly at the mountain of a Crane, and nodded to him as well.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:47 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:00 pm
Eventually he made his way back, setting a cup next to Narumi. As well as a fresh cup for Yasu. He didn't intrude on the conversation they were sharing immediately, simply finding his seat.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:26 pm
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:43 pm
Yasu frowns a little, painted brows lowering. "Crane that big's just not natural, though," she mutters quietly. The flush though, the grin...is this just some kind of overactive response? Attraction...? Yasu looks back to the Asahina, schooling her expression to some sort of neutrality, though her eyes narrow a bit in appraisal.

Hmm...unlikely, he wasn't *that* amazing. But for Narumi to respond so strongly... She did say they'd talked together a bit. Was there some kind of malign connection one could build that quickly? There were tales of such things, certainly.

Yasu notices Murato's return, absently accepting the tea before snapping back from her thoughts. "Drink a bit, Usogawa-san. And... might be kind of forward, but I'd be comforted if you'd be willing to talk a bit more privately on the matter in the next few days." She glances at Murato, wondering if his gifts had spotted anything about the giant. "Thanks, Kitsu-san. Any opinions on Asahina-san?" That was probably vague enough for public convesation.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:33 pm
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:26 pm
"Other than the obvious observation about his size, not really. I have not spoken to him to know anything about him," Murato says with a shrug. If there had been anything obviously out of place he did not notice.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:33 pm
The apparent upset in her mind quelled, and Narumi accepted the tea happily from the Lion, "Thank you."
To Yasu, "This one would very much like to spend further time with you. Ehm."
Her gaze fluttered from the mountain to further investigate the other samurai gathered, wracking her memory for the gifts they offered so these three might continue their gossip.
"What of the Sparrow? Was that... a yam bonsai? This one understands the harvest is what the clan is known for..."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:57 pm

"Well, it's certainly unique and will make the gift memorable," Murato said with a smirk. "As long as it's well received then memorable is good."