(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:40 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:55 am

It seemed like Narumi was having difficulty, but whether that was due to Bo being so terrible the memory upset her or so amazing that he took her breath away just looking at him... he didn't know.

"Are you well? Do you need anything?" His concern was similar to Yasu's.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:55 am

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:42 am
"I assure you Seppun-sama, such things definitely exist in the halls of the Crane. A Lion on the battlefield has his fan, and a Crane in the court has his. Both are used much the same." Akihiro fluttered his own fan about unexpertly. "But I would not wish to impose for too long Seppun-sama. Your words this morning have been gift enough that I cannot ask for further."
He nods to Akihiro, and takes his fan into hand. "I know courtiers plan and strategize, I just didn't know that tactics was a word to be used in the same fashion. A good way to look at it. That fan analysis. I ask permission to use it in the future and look wise, like Kakita-san just did."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:40 am
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 am
Shit.
She put a hand to her chest, and willed her heart to return to regular beating. Her gaze again dropped as she focused, and a small frown upset her expression. It took a few moments, but colour began to return to the Otter, "Hai, oh, I'm so sorry for creating such a scene."
She raised her eyes to both samurai, and she opens her mouth to say something, but then...
then her dark eyes narrow slightly, as if she decides there's something else instead. "More tea is usually what helps after these kinds of spells, Kitsu-san." she lied. Not that tea didn't help, because it did, but she lied that this had been a purely medical issue like the kind she was prone to... that she would've prefered not to have been discovered this early in the miai.
But -being honest with herself -she'd rather 'fess up to her heart being damaged then it having been captured by the Crane as big as a barge.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:08 pm

For him, it was still early in the miai and, while he was definitely impressed with and appreciated the few ladies he had met so far, none had captured his heart enough to steal his breath.

He looked to Yasu. "I am no good with medicine, but I can fetch tea. Keep Usogawa-san company while I do so?"

He moved to get a fresh cup for Narumi, offering a nod that promised he'll return shortly. He suspected giving a moment for the ladies to talk more privately might be more comfortable for them.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 pm
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Yasu nods to Murato. "Thank you, Kitsu-san. Maybe something sweet if there are snacks as well?" If Narumi tended to skip breakfasts, that would help too.

"Sounds like it's happened before?" She says to Narumi, casting a trained eye on the Otter's pallor, the race of pulse fluttering at her throat. "I've got my kit back at the inn if there's anything you know is useful, and there's time to check later and see if there's maybe some new imbalance that's settled in coming to this miai." She does unobtrusively hold out a hand, low across her knees. Checking the pulse and flow of energy at the wrist could be done without much fuss. If rumors spread about holding hands? Well, it's a miai after all.

She glances to the exchange at the dias, then back with a small smile still tinged with concern. "He might be a bit much for a sturdy heart even."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:53 pm

Hikimasu continued watching everything.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:00 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:10 am

"And if you have anyone you need dangled over the battlements by their ankles, you have but to say the word."
"I think an arrow will suffice." She chuckled. Then looked at the Shiba with a nod. "Thank you for the offer Shiba san." The Kaito shook her head. "You see talking is not that hard... just flow Shiba sama things will come to you." She wanted to give the man a hug yet she knew it was improper. She decided to give a thumbs up with a smile.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:28 pm
[...]
Kitsu Murato wrote:
"Thank you kindly, Kitsu-san," Narumi was already looking better.
To Yasu, she looks down at the tall Crab's hand but a moment before placing hers forward as well. Then... well... her gaze tracked back to the mountain.
"Hai... it's been an ailment of some note since this one was but a girl. I try to keep it to myself but..." A simple shrug, and now Narumi was blushing.
"I've gotten to know it, and am generally good at avoiding exertion, which aggravates the condition." With her free hand, she rubbed her lower lip lightly, and also lowered her voice. How to phrase this?
"It afflicted me early yesterday's morning as well, at the inn shortly after my arrival, where Asahina-san... um... He's very nice. And kind." What's come over me? the Otter was thoroughly at a loss in uncharted waters.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:41 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:55 am
He nods to Akihiro, and takes his fan into hand. "I know courtiers plan and strategize, I just didn't know that tactics was a word to be used in the same fashion. A good way to look at it. That fan analysis. I ask permission to use it in the future and look wise, like Kakita-san just did."
"You have it." The Kakita hadn't been saying anything that strange to himself. Wisdom was from the old which suggested that Akihiro was beginning to go over the hill. Maybe he should refrain from offering more metaphors until he could check for grey hairs. "Fortunes carry you, Seppun-sama."

A bow, and then the Kakita walked away to approach a Scorpion.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:41 pm
A bow, and then the Kakita walked away to approach a Scorpion.
Hikimasu's attention turned toward the approaching Crane. He offered the Kakita a manner of regard, then noted he was actually being approached and bowed.

"Good morning Kakita-san."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."