(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Shiba Raizo

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Oubaihime made her way to the great hall. She wore her typical clothes. She should have asked her mother for something more colorful. Yet a priestess is always a priestess and should be prepared for anything. And thus she looks plain.

[pm or quote if approached]
Oh thank the Fortunes, the Kami, and ten thousand blasphemous gaijin deities.

Raizo drifted over to the medic and half-smiled.

"Bit of a crowd here, eh Kaito-san?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:20 pm

Mitsuki was there, because where else would she be? Bundled up in ceremonial clothes that there impractical for anything but posing and riding (the Moto simply did not do clothes you couldn't ride in), she was trying her best to slip into a corner from where she could see something of what was happening. Because apparently this miai was giants-only except for her.

---

[pm/quote as usual]
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:30 pm
[...]
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:37 pm
[...]
There is a gentle nod, acknowledging the complement. "They are simple kits with a focused purpose. I'm glad they found some favor."

"But Usogawa-san sells herself short. You can't match the talents of an entire clan, certainly, but you can surely be as good a matchmaker as any individual Deer.

There's a grateful smile for the Kitsu, happily accepting the cushion and tea with half an ear on the other presentations. "Your fellow Kitsu also seems to be the product of a match made by the Deer. They seem to have a good track record matching up those of your family then?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 pm

Not yet able to dress in to his sanctified outfit –– due an incident in this very hall the other day –– does make Yuzu's morning quite stressful. Fortunately, his wise mother packed him traveling pack with a ceremonial outfit. He gets in the courtroom a tad after than what is customary for one of his position, but soon takes haste in presenting the host with a humble gift. After protocol is serviced, he starts to walk around, doing what he came here to do, see and meet.

--
PM if you approach
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:30 pm
[...]
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 pm
[...]
"Sorry for the short interruption," he says with a nod to both of them.

"Yes, I think that you will make a fine nakodo one day Usogawa-san," he says with a nod, agreeing with the Kuni. "And who knows, someday you may even match a Deer with someone else when you are doing that duty. Then nobody could claim that you didn't match the Deer." It was a bit of a cheesy joke, but he smiled pleasantly with it suggesting that he meant it playfully.

"And Kuni-san's divination kit did look quite lovely. I'm no diviner myself, but it's not an uncommon practice in my family. My mother has several sets and that one was easily a match for the best among them."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 pm
[...]
She lifts the cup to her lips in an attempt to hide a winning smile. "I am humbled by both Kuni-san and Kitsu-san. If I am blessed enough to match a Deer, then truly I will have achieved the favour of Benten!"
Consideration then colours the Otter's expression.
"Were there others gifts either of you paid particular interest to? And moreover, interest in the samurai presenting them?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:18 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm
[...]
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm
[...]
Yasu nods along in agreement with Murato, his Deer joke receiving a short, but exuberant bark of laughter. "Right enough Kitsu-san. Maybe a technicality, but those are important."

She does wave off the compliments for her kit a bit self-consciously. "Ah, our mothers made them for all the kids, just wood and bone from their homes and bit of baby hair in a...kind of a crimped die...so it's for that kid in particular."

In answer to Narumi's question and deflection from her own gift, she adds, "Not like that whole packet of art the ronin kid had there. Seems quite an artist. Wonder if she ever gets to find work based on that skill?" Not in Crab lands, surely, but somewhere.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:26 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:18 pm
[...]
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm
[...]
"I spoke with her yesterday at the Inn's garden. She seemed to be a genuinely caring soul. And had done a fair amount of traveling for one in our age range. The traveling is probably not uncommon for a ronin, but the fact that she is a shugenja is," he says with a nod. "She was very pleasant to speak with."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Oh thank the Fortunes, the Kami, and ten thousand blasphemous gaijin deities.

Raizo drifted over to the medic and half-smiled.

"Bit of a crowd here, eh Kaito-san?"
"Hai... Shiba sama. How are you this morning?" She smiled at the fellow Phoenix. "I hope Inari has granted you her blessing. Unless you wish to partake such blessing now."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:41 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 pm
"Hai... Shiba sama. How are you this morning?" She smiled at the fellow Phoenix. "I hope Inari has granted you her blessing. Unless you wish to partake such blessing now."
"No sama here, Kaito-san. Anyone who patches my men up as well as you did doesn't need to stand on formality. And far as it goes... Inari has been most kind, and my morning has been... a bit stressful."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe