(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:37 pm

Murato listened to the speech intently, noting the names of the people the champion considered important enough to mention. After he was finished and all were dismissed, he did as many of the "adults" did and went to receive refreshments. He got himself some tea and found his way back to where he had been sitting with the small wrapped bundle.

He lounged and enjoyed his tea, wondering if anyone would join him for a bit of conversation, but not really pressing during mingling. He had an easy, calm expression and seemed to be looking at nothing in particular.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:37 pm

Koi had to stifle an unlady-like snort of laughter it bubbled up in her stomach. She rewarded the Kasuga from behind her mask, perhaps a smile that could stun crowds of men and women alike - a dead weapon surely.

Koi liked the self-seeking Kasuga perhaps the moment she met him, to be fair Kasuga's are about exotic as the Unicorn in her small town on the mountains.

"The Champion shall be disappointed, nay? I can quickly fetch you some if you wish? Hm?" She teased, returning the playfulness in her voice acting like she was about to set off to leave before halting. "Ara ara, Kasuga-san you flatter me like we've known each other for years. Perhaps I have slept too long and realised we were friends of equal status, hm? What do you think Kasuga-san?" She said happily.
Yoshi does his best to keep his mask up, but even he can feel his belly twist at that lovely smile. He doubted it was on accident, but she was reacting to good humor, politely declining the overly formal address and requesting that he speak to her as an equal. It was done with polish, while not critiquing his gentle diversion of protocol. She was good at this. Probably more than many would realize.

"Friends then? I would enjoy that very much Kaikoga-san." Yoshi realizes that he had stopped twirling his pipe and gently slides it back into the fold of his robe. "And while I am sure that your apples would be a fine gift, I am afraid that I would likely want to sample them myself, and that would make for a poor offering. I must instead be content to present what I brought"

"But friends? I would hope so, as I am a lone traveler today. You didn't seem to be enjoying the proceedings, and, as you might have guessed, I enjoy..." Yoshi pauses for the words. "Changing what I can with them, while still remaining within their limits."
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Oubaihime made her way to the great hall. She wore her typical clothes. She should have asked her mother for something more colorful. Yet a priestess is always a priestess and should be prepared for anything. And thus she looks plain.

[pm or quote if approached]
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:06 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:07 pm
The simple Otter was dressed to the nines, in her aunt's favourite kimono: silks and fabrics of darker colours, the stitching depicting a rich forest, with her dark hair done up in a side-braid, several wisps kissing her forehead, her features painted expertly to draw attention, her eyes locked on the grouping of experienced samurai.
Watching them intently, as if making calculations. So very focused.
Her gaze, if one were looking, locked onto Pei Pei and did not move from their target. Her breath even shallowed, though Narumi hardly noticed.
It wasn't until several moments after Shika Renji dismissed the candidates attention that Narumi seemed to come out of her trance... and she made her way to the champion to present her gift.

[ pm/quote on approach ]
Once both had returned from their eventual gifting, Murato would approach and bow to the Otter, offering a greeting. "Good morning Usogawa-san. I am Kitsu Murato. Would you care for a bit of tea?" He had brought cups from the refreshment table.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:42 pm
Yoshi does his best to keep his mask up, but even he can feel his belly twist at that lovely smile. He doubted it was on accident, but she was reacting to good humor, politely declining the overly formal address and requesting that he speak to her as an equal. It was done with polish, while not critiquing his gentle diversion of protocol. She was good at this. Probably more than many would realize.

"Friends then? I would enjoy that very much Kaikoga-san." Yoshi realizes that he had stopped twirling his pipe and gently slides it back into the fold of his robe. "And while I am sure that your apples would be a fine gift, I am afraid that I would likely want to sample them myself, and that would make for a poor offering. I must instead be content to present what I brought"

"But friends? I would hope so, as I am a lone traveler today. You didn't seem to be enjoying the proceedings, and, as you might have guessed, I enjoy..." Yoshi pauses for the words. "Changing what I can with them, while still remaining within their limits."
Koi studied the Tortoise, her jade eyes sparkling with curiousity and tilted her head causing the vitiligo to cause her eyes bloom beautifully. "Friends, than Kasuga-san such is I have always told myself that should I ever have the pleasure to meet one of the Tortoise Clan I would endeavour to do so."

She acted playfully, touching her chin with her fan lightly and she twinkled in amusement. "Surely, a single Kasuga would hold more entertainment than a full fleet of any clan within the Emerald Empire. I am too, a lone traveller very far from my lands but I think I shall manage."

"And I suppose that is a fair assumption, and like Yume-do change is very good." Koi licked her lips, lightly. "And I think it would be fair to say, my situation at this gathering might have changed." She flicked her fan. "What did you bring as a gift, Kasuga-san? If I might ask since you declined my offering for apples."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:06 pm
Once both had returned from their eventual gifting, Murato would approach and bow to the Otter, offering a greeting. "Good morning Usogawa-san. I am Kitsu Murato. Would you care for a bit of tea?" He had brought cups from the refreshment table.
"I would not think to turn down such an invitation, Kitsu-san," she returned the bow, and accepts the cup with a small but confidant smile.
"I am called Usogawa Narumi, we are well met... How did you gift-giving go?" she perks a painted eyebrow in curiosity.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:33 pm
"I would not think to turn down such an invitation, Kitsu-san," she returned the bow, and accepts the cup with a small but confidant smile.
"I am called Usogawa Narumi, we are well met... How did you gift-giving go?" she perks a painted eyebrow in curiosity.
"I believe it went very well," he says, sitting and offering the tea he had brought over for Narumi. "It seemed to be appreciated. Though it did make the walk here a bit more challenging with a stone statue of that size on my back, it will be much easier walking back carrying the blessing of a Shika match in it's stead."

"I hope your gifting went as well."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Koi studied the Tortoise, her jade eyes sparkling with curiousity and tilted her head causing the vitiligo to cause her eyes bloom beautifully. "Friends, than Kasuga-san such is I have always told myself that should I ever have the pleasure to meet one of the Tortoise Clan I would endeavour to do so."

She acted playfully, touching her chin with her fan lightly and she twinkled in amusement. "Surely, a single Kasuga would hold more entertainment than a full fleet of any clan within the Emerald Empire. I am too, a lone traveller very far from my lands but I think I shall manage."

"And I suppose that is a fair assumption, and like Yume-do change is very good." Koi licked her lips, lightly. "And I think it would be fair to say, my situation at this gathering might have changed." She flicked her fan. "What did you bring as a gift, Kasuga-san? If I might ask since you declined my offering for apples."
There was something strange happening here, but Yoshi could not quite put a finger on it. Even if he did know the source, he certainly wasn't going to stop now.

"I am happy to hear you situation has changed. Mine certainly has, the better, as two lonely wanderers meet." Yoshi can't resist a bit of preening. "And I will endeavor to provide such entertainment, though if you listen to Tortoise jokes, one of us in a fishing boat is the navy of the rest of the Emerald"

Yoshi's smile turns mischievous. "I would never turn down your apples Kaikoga-san. I simply don't think I could bear passing them along. If they are just for us to share that would be lovely. My gift is, in part, my sparkling personality, and I am told that no one person should be cursed to experience that in totality and I will happily ensure you have a share of you desire"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:52 pm
There was something strange happening here, but Yoshi could not quite put a finger on it. Even if he did know the source, he certainly wasn't going to stop now.

"I am happy to hear you situation has changed. Mine certainly has, the better, as two lonely wanderers meet." Yoshi can't resist a bit of preening. "And I will endeavor to provide such entertainment, though if you listen to Tortoise jokes, one of us in a fishing boat is the navy of the rest of the Emerald"

Yoshi's smile turns mischievous. "I would never turn down your apples Kaikoga-san. I simply don't think I could bear passing them along. If they are just for us to share that would be lovely. My gift is, in part, my sparkling personality, and I am told that no one person should be cursed to experience that in totality and I will happily ensure you have a share of you desire"
Koi stood still watching as the Bushi of great many clans took their turn towards the Lord of the City. "I would perhaps enjoy to hear the jokes from the great Tortoise Clan, your stories and wonders have filled my mind since I was a child. Please, perhaps over sake?"

She fanned herself, and perhaps shared a wink. "I have heard that before, my apples are quite ripe and wanting but no one has impressed me enough for me to gift them."

Quietly, the Koi licked her lips. "Do you enjoy a game Kasuga-san? For I am quite a prize."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 am
Once she's done presenting her gift to Shiken-dono, Sakura moves away from the Daimyo- and, after some discussions with her aide, Nanami, makes her way- guided by the peasant- towards Shika Zang, bowing as she approaches the man. “Good morning, Shika-sensei. Have you had rice today?”

(Sakura's using sensei in the general term of respect for a sensei)
Zang's voice was rough and boisterous, clearly more accustomed to the shouting over the noise of the battlefield or a dojo full of students in a grand melee. He wasn't shouting, indeed he was trying to be respectful, but he was just a shade louder than was strictly proper at a public gathering.

"indeed, Kakita-san!" he said, with a bow and abundant good cheer. "An army marches on it's stomach, and Shika Zang is an army unto himself! Has Kakita-san also fueled herself for the battle of yet another day?"
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"