(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 pm
"I believe it went very well," he says, sitting and offering the tea he had brought over for Narumi. "It seemed to be appreciated. Though it did make the walk here a bit more challenging with a stone statue of that size on my back, it will be much easier walking back carrying the blessing of a Shika match in it's stead."

"I hope your gifting went as well."
"Your fawn sculpture was indeed breath-taking." She pursed her painted lips lightly before offering the raise of dark eyebrows. "I believe I have done my aunt proud, which is all this humble Otter can truly ask for, neh. But with the intricacies of that out of the way, I look forward to socializing with our candidates, and Kitsu-san is off to an auspicious start." She was drawn repeatedly to his eyes and their colouring, finding them most appealing.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:37 pm

He takes a sip and listens, nodding his understanding. "I believe she would be proud as well. The painting you presented was quite beautiful. I could not hear a great deal that you spoke about though. Is it one you painted yourself or a family heirloom?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:38 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Koi stood still watching as the Bushi of great many clans took their turn towards the Lord of the City. "I would perhaps enjoy to hear the jokes from the great Tortoise Clan, your stories and wonders have filled my mind since I was a child. Please, perhaps over sake?"

She fanned herself, and perhaps shared a wink. "I have heard that before, my apples are quite ripe and wanting but no one has impressed me enough for me to gift them."

Quietly, the Koi licked her lips. "Do you enjoy a game Kasuga-san? For I am quite a prize."
Now he knew that he was being put on, but they were both flattering each other.

"I think that you undervalue yourself if you consider yourself a prize. A prize is won, is property." Yoshi chuckles. "I get a feeling that you are not one to be owned. Perhaps your hand in marriage, or your affections are your prizes, but you, the whole of you is something greater I suspect." Yoshi discreetly retrieves his kiseru, lightly touching it against the side of Koi's fan.

"But to answer your question, yes. To all of the above. I enjoy sake, I enjoy a game, and I would deeply enjoying spending time with you in a place more..." He casts his eyes around the room. "Private"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:24 pm
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 pm
"I believe it went very well," he says, sitting and offering the tea he had brought over for Narumi. "It seemed to be appreciated. Though it did make the walk here a bit more challenging with a stone statue of that size on my back, it will be much easier walking back carrying the blessing of a Shika match in it's stead."

"I hope your gifting went as well."
"Your fawn sculpture was indeed breath-taking." She pursed her painted lips lightly before offering the raise of dark eyebrows. "I believe I have done my aunt proud, which is all this humble Otter can truly ask for, neh. But with the intricacies of that out of the way, I look forward to socializing with our candidates, and Kitsu-san is off to an auspicious start." She was drawn repeatedly to his eyes and their colouring, finding them most appealing.
With her own small cup cradled in large hands, Yasu approaches Narumi for the promise of sharing opinions on the candidates and their presentations, only to find another familiar face already in conversation and waits quietly for a break in the conversation to greet them with a nod and quiet, "Kitsu-san, Usogawa-san."

As Murato asks the exact question she had in mind, she settles back on her heels a bit, patient for the answer. There is a pleasure to seeing familiar faces again that is born of the uncertainty of life in Crab lands and the all too common news that the last time you saw some friend or acquaintance was truly the last time. Even in the safety here, the habit of relieved joy in each meeting remains in a smile that hides nothing.

_______
appearance in this thread for reference, if needed.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:47 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:37 pm
[...]
"Hai but this one is not nearly so talented as to produce such greatness. It was done by my uncle, who hands are skilled in many different things. He wanted to make sure the first impression I made upon meeting the Deer was a favourable one."
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:42 pm
[...]
"Oh, Kuni-san! It warms this one to see you again!" Narumi's smile grows from reserved to genuine at the sight of the Crab whom she enjoyed so much.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:53 pm

"Well, you at least don't need a masterful painting to make a good impression with me," he replied. "All you need is yourself, and you have more of that than anyone else does."

Another sip.

"So what does Usogawa Narumi do for fun when not busy impressing clan Champions?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:01 pm

With her gift giving done, the little Otter returned to the observation area.

(ooc - open for interaction, quote me or PM to chat)
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:47 pm
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:37 pm
[...]
"Hai but this one is not nearly so talented as to produce such greatness. It was done by my uncle, who hands are skilled in many different things. He wanted to make sure the first impression I made upon meeting the Deer was a favourable one."
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:42 pm
[...]
"Oh, Kuni-san! It warms this one to see you again!" Narumi's smile grows from reserved to genuine at the sight of the Crab whom she enjoyed so much.
Yasu offers a proper bow, and another to Murato. "Very much the same, Usogawa-san. I think that Shika-sama was well-pleased with both of your gifts. The fawn was so lifelike. It seems like it would be a delight to find in one of the gardens here."
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:53 pm
"Well, you at least don't need a masterful painting to make a good impression with me," he replied. "All you need is yourself, and you have more of that than anyone else does."

Another sip.

"So what does Usogawa Narumi do for fun when not busy impressing clan Champions?"
Her smile warms at Murato's compliment to the Otter. He does mange to be rather charming, which remains somewhat outside her usual expectations for the Lion. Also good at asking questions she really can't improve upon.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:30 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:53 pm
[...]
"This one is humbled by your appraisal, Kitsu-san, and cherishes this first meeting. Oh! My aunt is a nakodo of some merit in our clan, and I reside with her- and my uncle- on our yakatabune, sailing the rivers of Rokugan and learning the intricacies of the art of matchmaking, as well. The invitation to this miai is a welcome one, and this one hopes I might learn to arrange such blessed unions, though she could never dream of matching the Deer."
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm
[...]
"Kuni-san, you offering a most beautiful divination kit, I have never seen its equal." Narumi says kindly and gives the compliment freely!

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:37 pm

Murato smiles and bows his head in greeting to the Kuni. With Narumi's response he nods and rises, offering a seat to the new arrival.

"Give me just a moment and I'll grab you some tea, and steal an extra seat to bring over," he says, not really giving an opportunity to turn down the offer.

He gives the two of them a moment to get comfortable while he busies himself for a moment, then returning with the tea for Yasu.