(D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kakita Akihiro

Re: (D1, MM) Formal Welcome (Event Observation)

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:56 pm

A bow appropriate to the Scorpion's station.

The Kakita considered covering his face with a fan but that reminded him about the half mask he was wearing so he instead almost broke his fan in his hand clenching it. Akihiro stiffly put it up his sleeve into its pocket.

"Well met Shosuro-san. Have you been enjoying the hospitality of the Shika this morning?" He said once that little bit was over.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:41 pm
"You have it." The Kakita hadn't been saying anything that strange to himself. Wisdom was from the old which suggested that Akihiro was beginning to go over the hill. Maybe he should refrain from offering more metaphors until he could check for grey hairs. "Fortunes carry you, Seppun-sama."

A bow, and then the Kakita walked away to approach a Scorpion.
Yuzu bows to Akihiro and puts his arms at his back, checking the court affairs with interest. Which could be translated to, checking out the cool people.

--
PM if you approach
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:56 pm
A bow appropriate to the Scorpion's station.

The Kakita considered covering his face with a fan but that reminded him about the half mask he was wearing so he instead almost broke his fan in his hand clenching it. Akihiro stiffly put it up his sleeve into its pocket.

"Well met Shosuro-san. Have you been enjoying the hospitality of the Shika this morning?" He said once that little bit was over.
He thought about his discussion with Renjiro that morning. "Hai." A beat. "Kakita-san seems spirited this morning. Did something good happen?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Akihiro considered the question seriously for a few seconds for any secret Scorpion tricks. Nothing obvious. "I have done well in giving a gift and that is about it. Shosuro-san seems somber and aloof this morning. Has nothing good happened?"

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:00 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:28 pm
The Kitsu was taking his time to give them a moment, so he still wasn't quite back yet.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm
Akihiro considered the question seriously for a few seconds for any secret Scorpion tricks. Nothing obvious. "I have done well in giving a gift and that is about it. Shosuro-san seems somber and aloof this morning. Has nothing good happened?"
"The usual i suppose", he scratched his chin. "Our host was kind enough to accept gifts. How is your new pupil?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:00 pm
"I think an arrow will suffice." She chuckled. Then looked at the Shiba with a nod. "Thank you for the offer Shiba san." The Kaito shook her head. "You see talking is not that hard... just flow Shiba sama things will come to you." She wanted to give the man a hug yet she knew it was improper. She decided to give a thumbs up with a smile.
"Yeah, but I know you."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Mirumoto Namika

Post by Mirumoto Namika » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:54 pm

While a certain Dragon was presenting the Deer clan with the one thing they surely didn't have: A box with a deer on it, another rather grim faced Dragon arrived, and stalked over to Pei-Pei.

The conversation between the two of them was low, but eyes were definitely on the Dragon presenting and Pei-Pei nodded solemnly.
Dragon Clan * Emerald Yoriki

"Truth and justice are not the same thing. You grasp for the truth, but I seek justice."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:05 pm
"The usual i suppose", he scratched his chin. "Our host was kind enough to accept gifts. How is your new pupil?"
"Shika-sama is indeed pleased to receive gifts from those who visit his castle. Well...perhaps castle is not entirely accurate." Akihiro made a face of thoughtfulness. Probably ruined by half of it not moving. "And I think you should rework that phrasing. Seppun-sama named you as well in being a teacher, and we would not wish to gainsay the young Imperial. He is interested in the back and forth of court. Have you any insights to bestow upon him?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 pm
"Yeah, but I know you."
Oubaihime shook her head as she remembered the stoic Shiba standing on a corner looking at the monks in the Water Dragon Temple. "Yeah... I remember how we met... I had to make you warm up to the idea of giving me a hand."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk