(D0: EE, Open) Exploring odd Tapestries

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaikoga Koi

(D0: EE, Open) Exploring odd Tapestries

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:48 am

Koi found herself completely baffled by the outrageous day that she has had to endure, her brain just washed out from being by herself for several, several weeks getting to the Miai to being treated like she wasn't even a samurai solely because her Clan was small, to meeting an interesting and beautiful Unicorn from far away lands and to ending up in just this overwhelming situation surrounded by players of a game so far beyond the little Moth's scope.

Like Moth's the clans gather to the flame that is the desire of the Shika clan, and yet the real Moth is more of a beautiful lost within the darkness unable to find the lantern light. She thought to herself, confused and conflicted. "By the tit's of Benten, what am I doing here? I could have just disappeared with the ronin's and fade from existences and here I am again doing my Mother's wishes."

The Moth lost in her own thoughts glanced over the fine tapestries with curious fascination, imagining the hours and hours it would have taken to craft them to hang so beautifully from the Great hall. She could not comprehend the skills needed to master this talent, and she knew it would be far beyond her field of expertise.

The beautiful Moth stood quietly, in contemplation lost in thought of the art before her.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: (D0: EE, Open) Exploring odd Tapestries

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:39 pm

A young lady dressed as a miko priestess explored the halls as the weather seem to get a bit bad. She looked at the Kaikoga looking at the tapestries and she started to look as well. "What are we looking for in these sama?" She asked with curiosity
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:01 pm

Koi stood quietly in thought before catching herself by the sudden words from the priestess that caught her off guard as she returned from the realm of Yame-do. "Oh-" She glanced at the priestess for some sort of mon if identification before she collected herself. "Uh, Priestess-san forgive me my mind wandered into Yame-do and I was lost in thought."

She looked at the tapestries. "The use of both Unicorn and Crane symbolism within the piece reflects that reinforcing the relationships between the two Great Clans would reflect well for the two Clans but that is more obvious." She indicated with her fan without touching the tapestry. "But look at the stitching here and weaving of colours so that they blend naturally to one colour to another smoothly." She motioned. "This technique is a marvel to me, its takes so much patience to blend in such a manner."

She turned her head and bowed respectfully. "This one is Kaikoga Koi, of the Moth Clan."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:17 pm

"Huh?... Oh right... It is evening and Yume-do tends to call upon people... and Meido too." She looked at the tapestry again trying to find out what Koi was telling her about the symbolism. "I know little about aesthetics but I think I can see them..." She turned to the Kaikoga and bowed. "This one is Kaito Oubaihime from the Phoenix clan. It is an honor to meet you Kaikoga sama."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Koi bowed in return, lower of course as it was only proper. "Ah it is a deep honour to finally meet on of your Clan, I have always enjoyed the hospitality of the Phoenix lands when I visited. Meido definitely does call too but we Moth's share an affinity for Yume-do."

She looked at the paints with gentleness in her eyes. "The aesthetic are bold and pretty straightfoward, and I admit have little to do with my clan but it is good for them to be so forward with the information for those that know how to read it. But I am more fascinated in how they are made, the artist in me.." She smiled warmly.

She turned to face the priestess. Cutie, I always love the outfits they got to wear. She thought with a small arm movement to indicate Kaito was welcomed to join her. "Are you here for the Miai?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:05 pm

The Kaito nodded. "Hai... I am here for the miai. There seems to be some looking for Musabi's blessings. And seems that Kyuden Shika with the temple is a blessed place for such things." She smiled. "I recommend going there for a blessing."
Smells like flowers

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:26 am

Oh kami she is so cute, look at her just standing there trying to sprout her faith.. She thought feeling her heart pang a little. "Ah, I see. I suppose we are considerable distance from your main temple, nay? I will ensure to see guidence from your temple during my stay here." She inclined her head.

She looked at the tapestries again. "And was it a pleasant journey for you to Kyuden Shika? Your trip might have been about as mine."

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:47 am

He had spent the day trying to get the lay of the land so as not to get lost or make too much of a fool of himself. The evening brought him to learning the accessible parts of the castle.

Somewhere, in Crane lands, Doji-sensei died a little inside as Bo wandered oblivious to the art on display - though it would come as no surprise to the old man. There was a reason he sent the boy home after only a few months among the courtiers.

Heavy footsteps likely announced his presence before anything else which, in some ways, was beneficial as he completely forgot to announce himself most of the time. Uncertain if even the extra wide hallways would let him safely squeeze past the duo in discussion he awkwardly stood silently a short distance away.

It would be rude to interrupt. He remembered that much at least.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 am

Koi's was particular vigilante compared to the average bushi, her relationship to the water kami allowed her to perceive things far beyond the mortal sight and in most cases it would be helpful. In this moment, she did not need it. Nope. A massive giant of a man from Crane loomed behind Kaito and seemed to be waiting to either involve himself or move past them. By the heavy laden balls of Osano-wo they pile crap high in Craneland to make you. She thought in amazement, coughing into her hand.

"Er, ah-" She said taking a moment to look at his Mon before bowing low. "Crane-sama, good evening. This one is Kaikoga Koi, of the Moth Clan. Do you wish to join us we are just enjoying the art work and perhaps the perspective of a Crane might be enlightening about the meaning of the tapestry?"

I beat you wake up and eat three dozen Doji in the morning to be able to survive. She though, hiding a smile.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:33 am

Bo seems momentarily startled, like a fawn caught in the gaze of hunters though the big man seems to tamp it down quickly.

"Um, hi. I'm B... Asahina Bo." Almost got it that time, yes! "I... uh... I can't say I know too much about art but I'm happy to talk."

He offers an awkward smile.

Wait... was I supposed to refuse three times first? What did Doji-sensei say? Oh... I think that's for gifts. Ok, that's not too bad then. Wait... is an invitation a gift? I mean it's them offering to spend time with you. That's kind of a gift... right?

A furrowed brow seems to express some internal distress as he keeps the smile in place by force of stubborn will.

It's too late now.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari