(D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Suzume Senseki

Re: (D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:53 pm

After the time preparing and presenting his arrangement, Senseki stays around, both to take some time to have a better look at others' work... but also for another reason. He seems calm and smiling as always... but those who spent more time around him would by now know the smile he's showing is not his more usual one.

As soon as Shika Zang has some time more or less free, he'll bow to the Sensei respectfully and ask for a minute of his attention.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:57 am

Bai sit down someplace.

//PM or quote if approached
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:42 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:04 pm
Yuzu is there, listening as any Miharu does, without anyone actually noticing they are. Meanwhile, he checks the other competitor's ikebana arrangements.

--
PM if you approach.
Murato approaches the Seppun and faces him. His expression was neutral. "You were looking for me I believe.
Though you maybe did not know it. I think Soyokaze-san chose not to mention my name."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:42 am
Murato approaches the Seppun and faces him. His expression was neutral. "You were looking for me I believe.
Though you maybe did not know it. I think Soyokaze-san chose not to mention my name."
Yuzu turns his eyes to Murato, and they carry extreme disappointment with them. “The Lion.”

A deep breath and he mentions, “I thought we had already talked about miai issues and certain behaviors best avoided.”
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:02 am

"Courting at a miai is a duty. I don't intend to shirk mine. And there is a distinct lack of talk or rumor about dishonorable behavior from me that wasn't caused by spirits of Sakkaku, clearly there has been none," he states, very matter of fact.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:03 am

Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:06 pm
“Oh... uh... yeah no I won't be. Asahina-sama made it pretty clear I was ta marry out. But don't worry I'm sure you'll end up fine whichever way. Mushrooms are hardy things after all."

He offers what attempts to be a comforting smile.
Inoshishi tilts her head slightly, smiling.

“Oh good, another one who knows they will be changing colors. How will you handle that, Asahina-San? If you join the Scorpion, will you begin learning curses and wards?”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:06 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:02 am
"Courting at a miai is a duty. I don't intend to shirk mine. And there is a distinct lack of talk or rumor about dishonorable behavior from me that wasn't caused by spirits of Sakkaku, clearly there has been none," he states, very matter of fact.
"Courting elegantly. Not overtly. The latter is shameful, and disrespectful to all other participants at this miai. We talked about this." He mentions, in a lower tone of voice. "I wouldn't, really, expect that from you."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:03 am
Inoshishi tilts her head slightly, smiling.

“Oh good, another one who knows they will be changing colors. How will you handle that, Asahina-San? If you join the Scorpion, will you begin learning curses and wards?”
He looks puzzled for a moment before he realizes, "Oh, um, I'm not a shugenja. Never had the knack. Guessin' if that was the case they'd just stick me guardin' something' unimportant."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:13 am

Asahina Bo wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 am
Guessin' if that was the case they'd just stick me guardin' something' unimportant."
“I apologize, I hadn’t realized you were like me! I am not a shugenja either, though my family is full of them. I was trained by the Togashi. If you married into the Unicorn, would they not try to train you in Ide technique? Or would they let you maintain whomever’s technique you know? And if so, how would they employ you appropriately?”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:13 am
“I apologize, I hadn’t realized you were like me! I am not a shugenja either, though my family is full of them. I was trained by the Togashi. If you married into the Unicorn, would they not try to train you in Ide technique? Or would they let you maintain whomever’s technique you know? And if so, how would they employ you appropriately?”
"No apologies needed. Most of my family are priests. As for the Ide... well I guess I got some in common with them but I ain't much of one for courtly stuff. I didn't last too long with Doji-sensei before I got sent off ta the Daidoji. So I guess they'd put me with the Shinjo or Moto if I didn't keep trainin' with Daidoji-sensei."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari