(D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Agasha Inoshishi

Re: (D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:29 pm

Passing the time after finishing her flower demonstration, Inoshishi wanders the hall, eventually deciding to meet people she hasn’t. She notes the big Asahina and shrugs, having had good luck with large would-be friends.she works her way through the crowd quickly.

She contemplates tossing a mushroom to make sure she has his attention then shrugs and begins the process of introducing herself.

“Hi! I’m Inoshishi and I don’t know you! Well, now I know you, but I haven’t met you before. Well, I’ve met you before but I’ve never known your name before. Well, I’ve known your name, because people talk and there’s only so many of us. So I guess I know who you are and I’ve seen you around but I’ve never said hi, so I’m saying hi! I’m Agashina Inoshishi. I mean, Agasha Inoshishi. And you’re Asahina Bo! And you’re really tall. Mushroom?”

The mushroom bag has been uplifted the entire time, nearly obscuring her face.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:29 pm
Passing the time after finishing her flower demonstration, Inoshishi wanders the hall, eventually deciding to meet people she hasn’t. She notes the big Asahina and shrugs, having had good luck with large would-be friends.she works her way through the crowd quickly.

She contemplates tossing a mushroom to make sure she has his attention then shrugs and begins the process of introducing herself.

“Hi! I’m Inoshishi and I don’t know you! Well, now I know you, but I haven’t met you before. Well, I’ve met you before but I’ve never known your name before. Well, I’ve known your name, because people talk and there’s only so many of us. So I guess I know who you are and I’ve seen you around but I’ve never said hi, so I’m saying hi! I’m Agashina Inoshishi. I mean, Agasha Inoshishi. And you’re Asahina Bo! And you’re really tall. Mushroom?”

The mushroom bag has been uplifted the entire time, nearly obscuring her face.
The large man seems a little startled at the torrent of Dragon but still smiles, "Uh... hi, I'm Bo. But you already knew that. Nice to meetya."

He looks at the proffered bag but decides pawing through it to see all of its contents might be awkward even if the implied consent was there, "Ohhh, what types of mushrooms do you have?"
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:39 pm

Inoshishi beams, this being one of the first samurai to not be subtly concerned about her favorite things.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you! I love mushrooms, so thank you for asking! In this bag, I only keep my absolute favorite, candy caps! They taste slightly like mochi and they are so delicious and did you know you can find them in the woods? The mushrooms I mean. I wouldn’t eat any mochi I found in the forest. Except that one time I did, because I was really hungry and anyway, it wasn’t like those bandits needed the mochi anymore. But in general, if you find food in the woods don’t eat it. Or do! But be careful! Just like with mushrooms!”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:39 pm
Inoshishi beams, this being one of the first samurai to not be subtly concerned about her favorite things.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you! I love mushrooms, so thank you for asking! In this bag, I only keep my absolute favorite, candy caps! They taste slightly like mochi and they are so delicious and did you know you can find them in the woods? The mushrooms I mean. I wouldn’t eat any mochi I found in the forest. Except that one time I did, because I was really hungry and anyway, it wasn’t like those bandits needed the mochi anymore. But in general, if you find food in the woods don’t eat it. Or do! But be careful! Just like with mushrooms!”
Bo smiles and nods, "Ooooh that would work well. I could do a cake... or maybe sweet fried pork... if they have pork here... but definitely a cake." He realizes his distraction after a moment, "Uh, I mean, yeah I'd love ta have some if you're really willin' to part with them."

(D11, MM: Mushroom Talk - Labor/Water | TN: 1 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image Image

Opportunity cancels Strife, 3 Strife recovered for Passion: Gourmet)
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:09 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm
Bo smiles and nods, "Ooooh that would work well. I could do a cake... or maybe sweet fried pork... if they have pork here... but definitely a cake." He realizes his distraction after a moment, "Uh, I mean, yeah I'd love ta have some if you're really willin' to part with them."
Inoshishi is staring ravenously as only those that have truly been hungry can stare. In an almost whisper, she says, “No, go on, more food talk is yummy. And if you will make yummy things and perhaps I can have a slice, you may have the whole bag, oh my, tasty.”

She’s nearly drooling, the poor dear, her main goal in talking to the Asahina totally sidetracked by yummy food.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:09 pm
Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm
Inoshishi is staring ravenously as only those that have truly been hungry can stare. In an almost whisper, she says, “No, go on, more food talk is yummy. And if you will make yummy things and perhaps I can have a slice, you may have the whole bag, oh my, tasty.”

She’s nearly drooling, the poor dear, her main goal in talking to the Asahina totally sidetracked by yummy food.
Focused Inoshishi was, if anything, more off putting than rambling Inoshishi but Bo was not one to care.

"I mean, yeah, if you want I'd be happy ta make you somethin' in exchange. Neko-san's been lettin' me use the kitchen at the inn. But I couldn't take them all from ya, I mean you should save some for the future too. What do ya like ta eat?"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:14 pm
" But I couldn't take them all from ya, I mean you should save some for the future too. What do ya like ta eat?"
At that point, Inoshishi blinks, coming out of her food inspired reverie. Yes, she loves food, but she has other things to do.

"I like to eat most anything, really. If you wish, I imagine I could find plenty of things in the forest for you to cook with. Including mushrooms! The best about mushrooms, I think, is that you can eat them and have clean fingers after. Nothing sticky!

Speaking of sticky, how do you feel about Hiroto and Kakita Reina-san getting married? Seems like a logical solution to that stabbing problem, but I'm curious what a Crane thinks about it."

Test V Bo, Agenda, Hiroto, Reina Earth/Courtesy | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Success!

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 pm
At that point, Inoshishi blinks, coming out of her food inspired reverie. Yes, she loves food, but she has other things to do.

"I like to eat most anything, really. If you wish, I imagine I could find plenty of things in the forest for you to cook with. Including mushrooms! The best about mushrooms, I think, is that you can eat them and have clean fingers after. Nothing sticky!

Speaking of sticky, how do you feel about Hiroto and Kakita Reina-san getting married? Seems like a logical solution to that stabbing problem, but I'm curious what a Crane thinks about it."

Test V Bo, Agenda, Hiroto, Reina Earth/Courtesy | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Success!
He looks even more perplexed by the shift of conversation, "Ummmm I'm not really sure who that is. I'll be honest I haven't paid much attention to the pairings since it'll be up to the Deer anyway. But, I mean, I guess so if you think so."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:57 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:55 pm
He looks even more perplexed by the shift of conversation, "Ummmm I'm not really sure who that is. I'll be honest I haven't paid much attention to the pairings since it'll be up to the Deer anyway. But, I mean, I guess so if you think so."
Inoshishi shrugs, shifting with the speed of thought like usual.

"Do you think you'll still be an Asahina after this? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be an Agasha, and I've had a hard time figuring out what to do with that fact. As much as I miss the forges and smells of my childhood, I've been Down The Mountain long enough that I'm not sure I belong there. But I'm not sure I belong here either."

Talking to Bo may be like talking to a wall, but it's a soft wall. A bamboo wall. A wall that you could bounce off of.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:06 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:57 pm
Inoshishi shrugs, shifting with the speed of thought like usual.

"Do you think you'll still be an Asahina after this? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be an Agasha, and I've had a hard time figuring out what to do with that fact. As much as I miss the forges and smells of my childhood, I've been Down The Mountain long enough that I'm not sure I belong there. But I'm not sure I belong here either."

Talking to Bo may be like talking to a wall, but it's a soft wall. A bamboo wall. A wall that you could bounce off of.
It always takes Bo a moment to track that the conversation has changed topic but he takes the changes in stride once he does recognize them, "Oh... uh... yeah no I won't be. Asahina-sama made it pretty clear I was ta marry out. But don't worry I'm sure you'll end up fine whichever way. Mushrooms are hardy things after all."

He offers what attempts to be a comforting smile.