(D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:29 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:24 pm
The bow is resturned, as expected, but Narumi's eyes narrow slightly at the torrent of exclamations. "I- Uh-" she tries to start answering before Ino's done, and then realizes, and waits for a noticeable pause.
There it is.
"Thank you? I was blessed by Inari, um, and you were?" Narumi's aware she looks like shit this morning, so what was the Dragon getting at?
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 pm
She nodded. "It is part of my duties as temple keeper, I do enjoy such tasks."
"They never take notice of my reading material before assigning such duties. If they did they'd realize it isn't actually much of a punishment. I mostly like reading accounts of the empires many temples," he admits, smiling.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm

"They never take notice of my reading material before assigning such duties. If they did they'd realize it isn't actually much of a punishment. I mostly like reading accounts of the empires many temples," he admits, smiling.
"I think the monks of the temple of Musubi are impress with so many samuraii taking the tasks to gain Ebisu's blessing." She giggled. "Even... a pair of chrysanthemums have done such tasks."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:01 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:56 pm
"I think the monks of the temple of Musubi are impress with so many samuraii taking the tasks to gain Ebisu's blessing." She giggled. "Even... a pair of chrysanthemums have done such tasks."
"Well, it's best to keep the fortune of marriage pleased during a miai. I would be willing to bet that has contributed to cleanliness of the temple," he says with a chuckle.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:14 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:01 pm

"Well, it's best to keep the fortune of marriage pleased during a miai. I would be willing to bet that has contributed to cleanliness of the temple," he says with a chuckle.
"Is it pleased?" She giggled. "I guess it is."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm

"I get the feeling that Musubi-no-kami is pleased," he replied. "Each time I see you it feels like such a blessing."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:29 pm
With the bowing and polite chit chat complete, Inoshishi steps in slightly closer. In fact, the silly Dragon is likely going to keep advancing as she talks, unaware that she’s encroaching.

“Wow, your Ikebana is so cute! I love it! So after I finished, which was before you, but no one is timing, so that’t mean anything, it’s just a fact, a story setter, and it needs to be said! Maybe it doesn’t? But I did! So I finished and I wandered around and I saw that big mountain of a man. And I said to myself, ‘Ino, you’ve had a lot of luck with big mountains of men’, even though mama said they were scary and Sakura, who was right, said that big men have big…anyway! So I was sad cause I’d been thinking and I could be an Ikoma, and Ishi is already a Matsu, so that takes care of that, but I didn’t know what you’d do! Cause I don’t think the Lion even have a navy! And then that bug Asahina? Bo-San? He said that all the Lion did was put boards on ships and fight like it was land. Or maybe I said that? But Bo-said maybe you could build the Lion a navy, I think. So I realized that yeah, that would work! So you can be an Akodo and make a navy, I’ll be an Ikoma and sing songs and stuff and Ishi will be…Ishi. Isn’t that the best news ever?”

The things she does to grammar would be maho, if sentences could bleed.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:51 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm
"I get the feeling that Musubi-no-kami is pleased," he replied. "Each time I see you it feels like such a blessing."
"I should give you some theology lessons. Perhaps a different fortune has blessed you." She nodded
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:54 pm

"I know the difference," he said with a smirk. "But the miai is her domain and she brought us together for it."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:14 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm
She was not prepared for this, hungover as she was.

The wash of Ino's words being spilling over her, and Narumi begins to rub her temple absently, wincing... Mountains of men? She pauses, and tilts her head trying to weed out what Ino's saying now. "I don't- I'm not-" she stutters, eyes flicking quickly to Bo and back. Stop. Saying. His name. "What?" she's lost track of what Ino's saying. Make a.. "A navy? Inoshishi-san... I'm just a nakodo."
Last edited by Usogawa Narumi on Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands