(D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaito Oubaihime

Re: (D11, MM) I said it with flowers (Event Observation)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:54 pm
"I know the difference," he said with a smirk. "But the miai is her domain and she brought us together for it."
"Their domain..." She corrected "Musubi no kami has not gender."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Inoshishi feels her enthusiasm go down slightly but breathes life back into it, knowing that Narumi sometimes needed enough energy poured into her to really get to where Inoshishi was going.

“Yes, but you’re also a samurai, so you know about samurai things, just like me! And you live on a boat, so you know about boats and what can go on boats! And the Lion don’t have boats, so I bet they need boats! You could be the first admiral of the Lion, how neat would that be! And, well, what else would do? You’re not a spirit speaker. Or a writer, right? And I’ve never seen you willingly emote, so I don’t think the bards are for you? And neither of us wear a katana. So I’ve been thinking a lot about what you could do and I guess they maybe need marriage arrangers, but wouldn’t it be ever so much more glorious to make a real martial contribution?”

This is maybe not the best place to say these things. This is maybe not the best person to say these things. This is maybe not the best person to hear those things. But maybe that’s for the best.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:19 pm
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:54 pm
"I know the difference," he said with a smirk. "But the miai is her domain and she brought us together for it."
"Their domain..." She corrected "Musubi no kami has not gender."
"Ah, misspoke," he says with a nod. "I sometimes attribute a random gender to fortunes without. I've called Musubi-no-kami a him as well sometimes. It's a bad habit that I cannot seem to break." He seems a bit disappointed in himself.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm
The wincing returns as the verbal onslaught continues. "Can-" she tries to edge in, "Can- you please.. Just stop." Narumi tries to keep a neutral expression. "I.. realize you're trying to help. And it's incredibly um, big of you to do so, given everything. But I don't, um, need your help? And I'm really not feeling well... and you're a lot," she adds as an after thought, before realizing what she said and offering a friendly smile to hopefully smooth it over.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Inoshishi’s face goes through about a dozen different emotions before deciding on crestfallen. Or just ending up there.

“Oh…I’m…sorry.” Her eyes shimmer as she tries to sort out what to do. She didn’t expect to be welcomed with open arms, necessarily, but wholesale shot down? That was a bit rough. She bows stiffly, “I’m sorry, I forgot how decisive and inventive you are. Certainly how clearly fluent you are in emotions.” She doesn’t look at the Otter’s ikebana, but maybe that’s on purpose. She turns, back stiff with hurt, heading to the exit if not stopped.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:57 pm

The Moth who has been a bit preoccupied with stuff appears in to join the room perhaps a bit later than expected but she is quite busy.

(Quote/PM if anyone want her)
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:05 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:05 am
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Narumi frowns and watches the Dragon sashay away, and does a discreet facepalm.
Shit.
Looking up, she glances back at the collection of ikebana and then back around the observation area. Spotting Raizo and the Lion poet, and makes her way over, putting on a neutral but friendly mask. what the hell, why not?

"Shiba-san, Kitsu-san." she nods to them both in greeting.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:25 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:05 pm
Looking up, she glances back at the collection of ikebana and then back around the observation area. Spotting Raizo and the Lion poet, and makes her way over, putting on a neutral but friendly mask. what the hell, why not?

"Shiba-san, Kitsu-san." she nods to them both in greeting.
"Ah, Usogawa-san!" The Kitsu bows in a friendly manner.

"Has your day been well?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:29 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:25 pm
"Infinitely better in your presence," comes her reply. "And you? Have you had your rice today?"

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:29 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:53 pm
After the time preparing and presenting his arrangement, Senseki stays around, both to take some time to have a better look at others' work... but also for another reason. He seems calm and smiling as always... but those who spent more time around him would by now know the smile he's showing is not his more usual one.

As soon as Shika Zang has some time more or less free, he'll bow to the Sensei respectfully and ask for a minute of his attention.
Zang was happy to have any reason to escape yet another explanation for why a flower titled a certain way meant anything other than, 'Flowers are pretty.'

He bowed at the approach of the Suzume.

"Ah, Suzume-san. I hope this day finds you hale and hearty!" he says.
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"