(D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Outside the massive castle
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Realizing that she's not just ignoring him but really trying to get away stabs at his heart. What did I...

But Ishioka is also a Matsu, and the idea that some little Dragon can get away from him is, at least subconsciously, unacceptable. On flat ground, his longer legs are even more advantage and with two quick strides, he's in reach and catches her arm, their momentum taking them near the wall just outside the entrance she'd been focused on.

"Ino-chan," he says in a loud, frustrated whisper. "I am sorry. I've done something and... Can I please explain why I was acting strangely?" He doesn't want to hurt her but also doesn't want to let go for fear of what she might do.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Inoshishi struggles briefly, but very quickly just stands, arms limp, head lowered.

“I’m just…I just want to make it perfect. Then you’ll like it and be happy. I know it’s not in a sake house I…I didn’t think it was that important. Does there need to be serving people? Or more refined? I can…right in there, it’s very refined, I think. Please. I…I just want to help.”

She’s dejected and defeated, her haste to make it perfect ending in this, Ishioka more unhappy than before.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:41 pm

The Lion closes his eyes and hangs his head. If she looks she'll see him squeeze his eyes tighter in anger at himself. Can't protect anyone. He takes a deep breath, and when he opens his eyes to see Ino, it's with nothing but affection.

"Ino-chan, I am so sorry. Everything was perfect except me. I..." He shakes his head, exasperated that he'd let himself ruin her work. He lets go of her arm and pounds a fist on the wall twice. "I stupidly cling to an image of a future I had for Yasu-san, which she doesn't even know about, and I look like an idiot in front of her love and much, much worse I make you feel like you aren't already perfect in my eyes." Ishioka closes his eyes and brings the fist to his forehead.

"I am so sorry. Can we please go back? I'll tell them why I'm acting strangely and then we can all enjoy this great picnic you made..." He looks down at her, eyes pleading.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:49 pm

She looks up at him with big dark eyes. “Really? But it’s so…rustic. I know you must be…I’m sorry I don’t have…I just…you really like it”

She clings to his hands, letting him guide her away from stealing the Deer Daimyo’s dessert. Mercurial, like a reaction before the flame and after. She rests her head against his upper arm, content that her beloved is happy with what she’s done.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:09 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:49 pm
She looks up at him with big dark eyes. “Really? But it’s so…rustic. I know you must be…I’m sorry I don’t have…I just…you really like it”
There not being anyone immediately around, Ishioka pulls her into a brief but warm hug and kisses the top of her head. Thank the fortunes.
She clings to his hands, letting him guide her away from stealing the Deer Daimyo’s dessert. Mercurial, like a reaction before the flame and after. She rests her head against his upper arm, content that her beloved is happy with what she’s done.
Ishioka's in no hurry to get back, expecting a less vertical path back to the good spot is best for both of them. As she holds his arm, his opposite hand maintains an extended touch to help ground them both.
Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:49 am

Tanabe watched as the Lion left after the Dragon the sounds of running and scrabbling fading into the distance. He looked to Yasu with a mildly perplexed expression "Well that probably didn't go as expected. Hope everything is OK with Agasha-sama, though Matsu-sama seemed to be loosening up a little." He said to Yasu as his expression relaxed from confusion to acceptance of the odd events.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Yasu grins, lowering the cups as Ishioka seems to catch her point and Tanabe offers that smile that's the sun undimmed by any cloud. But...

She watches the scattering of the party with thoughtful eyes before returning to her seat beside Tanabe. "They need to see each other clearer, I think. Fire and stone's a hard match, I think one of them might break." She rests a hand on his knee, looking up with an appreciative smile. "Thank you for being an island of peace here. For something pure and... too easy."

There's a small huff of amusement before she takes a long, deep breath of the damp air. "But I think..." she glances back with the other pair disappeared. "Maybe that's a good space to tell you something a little hard to say. If that's ok? It's been sitting with me a little uneasily today."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 pm

He smiled at her approach and her touch with happy eyes "I hope to always be your island of peace in the storm of Life Su-chan." He says brightly.

The brightness dims a little as he puts a more serious expression when she talks about hard words and nods his hand coming over hers to grip supportively.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:36 am

"We didn't really talk much farther when I told you I'd kissed someone who's not you...got a little distracted." She can't help smiling at the memory, giving his hands a squeeze, one thumb stroking absently. "Didn't mention who. Wasn't really sure you'd want to know...but it's a little awkward being in groups where two know that secret and you don't, you know?"

She brings one of his hands up to her lips. It's a bit brazen in public, but it's not *that* public. "But if you'd rather not know, I'll just manage with feeling awkward."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:40 am

He thought he might frown at the words bit the serious expression softened as she kissed his hand and his smile slowly returned "I guess it would be nice to know, just so I know about connections when speaking and assuming they feel sore about you focusing on me I can avoid rubbing that in. You know I can be....affectionate even when it isn't totally appropriate." He said with a soft laugh as his thumb slowly caressed her hand.