(D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Outside the massive castle
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:53 am

The Lion smiles a little at his Crab friend but narrows his eyes in mock suspicion. "Let us not get carried away yet, Yasu-san," he says with a similarly amused tone.

When he sees her behavior about the berries, he grimaces, but realizes how the expression might be interpreted. "Um, don't..." He sighs, then says somewhat grudgingly, "Don't stand on propriety just for a grumpy Lion's honor." He hates saying it, hates even more the way he said it, but art least he'd said some words that were going in the right direction.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:07 am

Tanabe smiled at the banter laughing a little here and there and at Ishioka's retort.

He nods and picks up one of the berries rolling it gently between his fingers before trying it, he makes a small noise of appreciation and nods "Yes it is indeed good! I cannot say that I have done much foraging around here since there has been little need with Deer feeding us. I do plenty of foraging and fishing on the river, so the meals at the inn have been a nice change of pace." he says brightly.

He looks to Ishioka for a moment and casually asks "Matsu-sama do you always seem so....uncomfortable?" he says raising an eyebrow slightly. He had never been one for subtlety and could not think of a different way to ask but he felt the Lion was oddly uncomfortable for a lunch with an old friend and one who he is fond of. "I hope it is not something about me making you feel so." he followed up his tone was light and manner seemed open.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:22 am

For a moment she just looks a bit blank before understanding what the Lion's referring to. Eyes widen as she shakes her head. "Oh it's...You're fine...it wasn't you." There's no lie in the words, but also not a lot of information, and it subsides with Tanabe's question.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:28 am

Ishioka's eyes narrow in question at Yasu's answer, but then when Tanabe puts him on the spot, the full Stone Matsu face crashes into place.

"Susaki-san, I apologize." He closes his eyes and shakes his head. "You have done nothing. Please don't concern yourself. Perhaps I am feeling under the weather and should take a walk." He keeps his eyes downcast but it's fairly obvious he's hiding something.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:49 am

Yasu looks between Ishioka and Inoshishi, takes a bit of a breath herself after her own bit of fluster, and smiles fondly at Tanabe...the only one entirely, amazingly transparently at the 'table'. Tossing back her bit of barley tea as if it were a shot of shochu, she reaches for Tanabe's with a small smile that says, 'trust me?'

"Perfect. Too much earth up on this stone wall. You're right, love...it's off balance." she says to him, standing and bending to kiss the top of his head. At the rampart's edge, she holds both cups into the rain, sleeves fallen back from her hands as she watches all the lives moving across the gray landscape below.

"This whole place...the earth is a sponge. It soaks the water in, endlessly. It adapts or it slides away and is gone." she says, taking the two steps back to the circle of...probably not friends yet, but acquaintances. Holding the cups over Ishioka and Inoshishi's heads she says, with all the seriousness of her station and the open smile of her amusement, "I am entirely ready to let you demonstrate how well soaking your heads works as a demonstration of this principle if we can't all ease our stubborn hearts a bit."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Maybe it's his friend's silliness, or maybe it's the threat of getting even more doused with rainwater than he already feels after this week, but the Stone Matsu starts to laugh, deeply and soon uproariously. He shakes his head as his racket settles to a chuckle.

"Yasu-san, you look silly," he says, voice genuine as he smiles up at her.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Inoshishi is filling her face with all the yummy and being about to respond about where specifically she got them and maybe trading tips with the Otter. Then everything gets weird.
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:28 am
“ Perhaps I am feeling under the weather and should take a walk.
Her reaction is subtle compared to all the rest of the fuss. She twitches her head, her long hair flowing over shoulder and into her hands. Her head goes down and she sits back on her heels.

As the Kini threatens rain, there’s a small shrug from the Dragon. “Have been wet, may as well.” The laughing racket pours over everything and Inoshishi stiffens a little.

She stands, head down.

“Pardon me samurai, I appear to have forgotten one of the dishes. I will return.” She hussles off and may return. Presumably with food.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Tanabe had joined in with Ishioka's laughter feeling happy the Lion seemed more at ease and he smiled brightly as his laughter subsided and he looked to Yasu with sparkling eyes, the eyes she had described to Ishioka as if Yasu was the only woman in the world.

Though then the Dragon started acting strangely and Tanabe raised another eyebrow watching her retreat and turned the questioning eyebrow on Ishi who likely knew her the best.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:12 pm

Ishioka knew this wasn't normal Inoshishi behavior, and was already half way to standing when he saw Tanabe's questioning look. He nods, for whatever that means, and strides off to catch up with the Dragon. I know I did something, just don't know what.

Although the Lions long legs and good balance give him a chance at catching up, it isn't easy. Inoshishi knows where she's going and how to get there, and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

"Agasha-san?" No response.

"Inoshishi-san!" Maybe a flinch?

"Ino-chan!" Maybe a flicker of hesitation, maybe just enough for him to get close.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Gotta get there. Gotta get there. Gotta get there. I know I saw it. He’s not gonna like it. You couldn’t hide forever that you were poorer than a heiminHe’s coming, how gallant! Maybe we should stop? Don’t want him to fall off the roof.

Inoshishi drops softly to the roof, sliding down the outside in a mad dash for the castle kitchen entrance she’d peeked through earlier. There was a…thing…in there that looked so tasty, so good! Ishioka would have to like her picnic then.

A heavy crunch from behind says Ishioka is getting close. How was he so fast! You’d think all that mass would be slower.

But there it was, the exterior door…maybe she could make it.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai