(D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Outside the massive castle
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:05 am

Lovely wasn't a word she expected from Ishioka very often, but..."I try not to spend too much time with people I'd say awful things about. Safe to say, you're all..ah...lovely, people," she says with just a hint of teasing. "Hmm, the onigiri are supposed to be dried fish, pickled plum, seaweed, and mixed pickles. But I didn't ask which was which, so hopefully nobody hates any of those."

"The paired competitions were interesting," she looks up at Tanabe with an smile that brightens as she meets his eyes. "I was very nervous about singing, but they both ended up a lot of fun." She reaches for one of the onigiri and some sort of berry to place in front of her. "You're going to show me that lift you used at the end there, right? I thought I had you for once and just...swoop..and I'm staring up at your face and the ceiling."

"Which was a nice view." She bumps her shoulder gently against his before looking to the other pair. "Where was the song from that you two sang? It was really interesting."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:17 am

Ishioka gives his Crab friend a small smile at the teasing, coupled with a friendly faux-glare.

At mention of the partner activities, he clams up and decides to eat something. At least Ino-chan can talk about the song.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:13 am

“I was most delighted with the pairings as well! It’s not often a girl gets to wrestle with her brother for the first time. It’s a very rare occasion. Also rare that one gets to watch two people whose sumai she knows the…flavor of. It’s a very…intimate moment as well. When you know very well where each one will grab. You can see your influence on them, really!”

She munches happily on the provided yummies, her hip rocking into Ishioka’s ever time she reaches forward. Which happens to be during those little pauses.

She seems genuinely quite filled with mirth.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:16 am

Yasu looks to the Dragon curiously. "Your influence? Have you been training some of those here? If I'd known sumai was one of your skills, I'd have introduced you to Tana-kun earlier. I'm only a rather novice sparring partner." She picks up her tea with a self-deprecating laugh. "Which was pretty obvious to everyone, I imagine.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:48 am

Inoshishi considers how best to answer that, taking time by popping some snacks in right as Yasu begins to finish the question.

“I’m not specifically trained in sumai, but anyone who can grow up among the Togashi and not learn about unarmed fighting is either terminally lazy or terminally stupid. And I am neither, whatever my sensei said. And I do have a couple students of hand-to-hand here, though they may not know. Sensei also said any time you swap hands, you are teaching. And as my three ties with Brother-san showed, I do have things to teach!”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:00 am

"Oh? Is that what three ties means?" Yasu grins, pointedly not looking at Tanabe. Then the comments about students who don't know they're students kicks in and she frowns slightly, but lets it alone as Dragony oddness.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:11 am

Tanabe had listened happily for a moment and ate a few bits on food here and there sipping some tea. As they spoke of the wrestling his expression grew more excited "Ah yes! I have heard the Dragon practice very particular style of hand to hand combat! Many clans teach their warriors the basics but so few actually study the art in depth. I would be happy to learn some of it from you sometime Agasha-sama." He said with a smile before popping another Ongiri into his mouth.

at Yasu's comment about three ties Tanabe smirks "I think in your case it means you had an excellent teacher." he said giving her a wink.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:29 pm

There'd been a slightly strangled grunt from Ishioka at mention of others' sumai and intimacy. Or because of something else, as surely the timing was coincidence. And the conversation had moved along, so the Lion breathed a sigh of relief and let a more casual smile onto his face.

"The Otter and the Crab seem to make a very balanced pair," he says supportively. "Setting a good example for others, surely," he adds without thinking it through, and in a half-second of panic his eyes widen and suddenly takes great interest in the barley tea.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:52 pm

The grunt had received only a smug, complacent smile from the Dragon. At the Kuni’s comment about three ties, Ino grins and, after the Otter’s aside to the Kuni, circled back.

“I dunno, Kuni-San. I thought I did very well considering. Of course, I suppose the Dragon are expected to climb mountains.”

Trying to appear at least a little dignified, for Ishi-Kun’s air supply if no other reason, she manages to avoid even glancing at the hulking Matsu.

She smiles at the Otter. “Hai, of course, it would be my honor. Of course, it may be you have some insights into how much that means to me as well as some of my style.” She knows exactly what foot she’s put forward with the Otter, may as well lean into it.
Last edited by Agasha Inoshishi on Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:44 am

Yasu's eyes shine with amusement. "We're setting a good example? Does that mean you're admitting I was right?" She's noticed the odd noise out of Ishioka as well, but has no idea what set that off. Maybe there was extra wasabi in one of the onigiri?

"You've definitely been a good teacher, Tanabe-san. Very patient where I'm stubborn." Reaching for a few of the berries, she turns and...appears for a moment as if she'll hold one up for Tanabe, before catching herself and quickly setting them in front of him. "They'requitegood," she murmurs, before asking Inoshishi, "where did you find them?"

Description