(D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Outside the massive castle
Agasha Inoshishi

(D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:40 pm

Inoshishi actually found this spot on one of her random jaunts around the environs when she wasn’t otherwise. There’s a particular spot on one of the upper ramparts where one has a spectacular view of the forest and is sheltered from rain by the wall and swept roof. And there’s only one guard at the corner of the rampart who was often bored enough that he’d stand stoically listening to Inoshishi babble on for a long time before nodding slowly and pointing to the corner.

Prior to learning that she’d be staying in the in. (And FED!) the whole time, she’d considered sleeping here. It was that cozy and the guard was older, more like a grandfather that still wanted to be useful than anything.

She’d offered him a small selection of mochi and a large mug of tea(smuggled from the inn) today to get him to wave her friends up.

Now she sits on a blanket that looks suspiciously like her utilitarian kimono with a small spread of fresh mushrooms, berries, nuts, and greens, hoping she’s done something that will make Ishioka proud and not embarrassed.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kuni Yasu

Re: (D8LA) Picnic in the rain for four. (Expecting)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:05 pm

Yasu has little trouble playing beast of burden, given her size and sturdiness. So it had been little trouble to have the kitchen bundle together more suitable goods for a rainy picnic. Stoppered gourds of cold mugicha,* a selection of onigiri, a small box of cold soba with sesame oil and seeds sprinkled through, all bundled into a sturdy furoshiki tied tight at the top.

She followed the directions the Dragon had sent with a bit of confusion, slowly finding her way up to the rampart, eventually spotting Inoshishi and offering a wave. "Hey." She looks out at the Shika lands spread out below the castle. "Unsurprisingly great view." Because of course you want your guards to have a good view of the approach to what they're guarding.

The sack is set down before Yasu kneels on the edge of the 'blanket'. "Seems silly to ask if you've had rice today when we're about to have some, so I'll just hope the Fortunes have smiled on you."

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:12 pm

Inoshishi bows from her knees as her friend approaches.

“Kuni-san! Yes, the fortunes have blessed me indeed. I’m glad you could find the way up! Shika Noname-San is a dear grandfather, I hope he assisted if you were confused? I also hope the rest is up to the standards of the view!”

She settles back in, waiting for the menfolk comfortably, at least externally.

“I think the rain makes it even prettier up here. It’s like listening to a group of drummers while enjoying the view.”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Tanabe had followed the Kuni up through the directions to the peculiar spot but he offered a large smile looking out over the landscape. He had helped carry what needed carrying as they met the Dragon woman Yasu had told him a bit about.

He bowed to her "Thank you for the invite Agasha-sama it is an interesting spot but a nice one."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Being asked to meet on a rampart of the castle? Sure, ok, Dragons and roofs and all that. I assumed that joke wasn't serious. For a double date? Oooookaaaay. Yesterday was a very mixed bag. With Yasu and her beloved? ... Ino-chan...

But he'd agreed, and he hadn't meant to be late. It only drew attention to him, which was about the last thing he wanted in this date. So the Matsu hustled the last part of the way, arriving only a bit dampened and not too far behind the Crab and Otter. In the last few strides, it was Stone Matsu time, and as he arrived and bowed to them all, there was no sign of emotion, save a simple apology for being late and a look at Ino that was warm in his eyes but probably much less than she'd hoped. Kicking himself internally for what she must think, he musters a happy, "This is a lovely spot, Inoshishi-san. And a fine set up," he says with a gesture at her work.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:34 pm

Inoshishi bows as the menfolk arrive, noting the arrival of her beloved in his Stone suit and internally rolls her eyes. Men. Well, they were was the Kami made them. She smiles briefly at Tanabe, recalling their tumultuous meeting this morning. As Ishi-kun praises her setup, she preens and colors slightly, even if it’s only a little praise.

“I’m glad you all made it! I realized only after I had sent the invite that not everyone likes to climb things. I believe I have met you all, even if only this morning. As I don’t know if you have, Ishi-kun, allow me to introduce you to Susaki Tanabe-San. Susaki-San, my beloved, Matsu Ishioka-San.”

Her speech is stilted, as if at least partially recalling the formula from stories or memory of her parents. She’s a much less nervous guest than host, but she powers through.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:41 pm

As the Dragon introduces him Tanabe gave the Lion a bow as well "Matsu-sama! I am happy to meet you, you have been giving a really impressive performance here at the miai so far and Yasu-chan has had nothing but good things to say about you." In contrast to Ishioka's stony exterior Tanabe was animated and emotive his face showing openess and friendly smiles and a touch of extra warmth when he says Yasu's name.
Last edited by Susaki Tanabe on Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Yasu offers wordless direction to Tanabe in the unpacking, the pair working together without seeming to need more than a nudge or a gesture. She nods at the introductions before noting, "Ishioka-san and I are well-acquainted." Wording which might be taken in an entirely wrong way among other company.

"Barley tea. Something light on a heavy day with all the rain." She's not sounding stilted at all, no real formality there either. There's a small smile added for the Dragon trying so hard when there's only a Kuni, an Otter, and her presumably forgiving love to notice.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:17 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:41 pm
As the Dragon introduces him Tanabe gave the Lion a bow as well "Matsu-sama! I am happy to meet you, you have been giving a really impressive performance here at the miai so far and Yasu-chan has had nothing but good things to say about you." In contrast to Ishioka's stony exterior Tanabe was animated and emotive his face showing openess and friendly smiles and a touch of extra warmth when he says Yasu's name.
"Thank you, Susaki-san. You are much too kind, but that is no surprise given the fine things that Yasu-san has said of you. And you have been most impressive in our challenges as well, especially in the duets," the Lion says with a respectful nod of his head. He sits beside Inoshishi without hesitation, closer than is proper but he's hardly concerned about strict propriety here. "And, ah, Yasu-san, yes. A lovely choice of drink." Ishioka still doesn't seem at ease, but he's doing all the things he's supposed to with at least modest empathy.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:32 am

“Thank you, Kuni-sama! As always you have wisdom in what you bring.”

As Ishioka continues to be off, Inoshishi side eyes him, considering what to do next.

“I think we’re all doing really well in the competition, last time I checked. It certainly has an interesting few days. I’m still nursing some tender spots where Kitsu-oniisan got the better of me.

What do you think tomorrow’s competition will bring? No more coupling, it seems. I had always assumed Miai would be a lot more talking, a lot less doing. Like a boring Winter Court Day of Light celebration. This seems…like a tournament where everyone wins something.”

She’s trying to relax, but her eyes keep traveling to Ishioka, clearly hoping he gets himself together.