(Day 5, EM) The Late Arrival

Outside the massive castle
Otomo Akimoro

(Day 5, EM) The Late Arrival

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:03 am

As the sun peers over the horizon, a lone traveler - a personage of some importance, given his regal bearing and the fine quality of his garb - appears at the gate of Kyuden Shika. He approaches one of the gate guards and offers a small but appropriate bow.

"Would you please tell whoever may be appropriate," he asks - a command with softer wording, "that Otomo Akimoro has arrived? I realize that my arrival has been delayed - necessarily, I'm afraid, due to matters of importance in the capital - but I'm sure there are plans for a proper reception..."
Imperial • Courtier
Glory: 43, Honor: 20, Status: 50
Wears a chrysanthemum-shaped charm on his katana's scabbard. Sly, smirking jackass.

Seppun Yuzu

Re: (Day 5, EM) The Late Arrival

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:14 pm

The young Seppun was, once again, going out to his morning training session to hone his secret Miharu technique. Today he had to recover from the loss of the other days. Not scoring n the top is a good reason of strife for the young boy.

He notices another Imperial at the gate. An Otomo, and provides a bow. Besides that, he does not importune further and keeps on his path outside.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Otomo Akimoro

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Spotting the other Imperial and seeming to recognize him, Akimoro breathes a sigh of relief and bows.

"Seppun-san, greetings. It is good to see that the interests of the Imperial families has been properly represented in my absence," he says. "I am Otomo Akimoro, nominally of Otosan Uchi, although matters of state allow only rare visits to my home there."
Imperial • Courtier
Wears a chrysanthemum-shaped charm on his katana's scabbard. Sly, smirking jackass.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:06 pm

The boy stops as he’s called and turns to the Otomo. He provides a nod, not entirely recognizing him, and raises an eyebrow at the honorifics.

Given the benefit of doubt, he remarks the slip, so it can be corrected without offense, “Good morning. I hope Inari-kami has been kind. I beg your pardon, but I failed to understand office and rank.”

He provides a bow, in respect to decorum, and adds, “This one is Seppun Yuzu. Governor of Chisei. Please treat me kindly.”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Otomo Akimoro

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:34 pm

"Ah, it is unfortunate that my frequent absences have limited the spread of my reputation," Akimoro notes. "I am of the kuge, of an unbroken line descended from the first Otomo Akimoro, who was the son of the revered Hantei VIII. My current duties require me to represent the Throne's interests during the development and formalizing of agreements between the Great Clans. Of late I have been involved in the attempts to ease the troubles between the Lion and the Unicorn, but neither as of yet seems willing to give, only take... It was in Toshi no Meiyo Gisei, where the negotiations were taking place, that I received my invitation to this event. Knowing the reputation of the Deer and their almost supernatural ability to forge bonds and ease tensions, I thought it a rather appropriate time to step back and see if I could learn something by watching them in action."
Imperial • Courtier

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:05 pm

The boy narrows his eyes, trying to remember that line and recall it indeed he would be a distant cousin or not. Yuzu also notices the chrysanthemum appendix at the blade, which would be somewhat illegal. Only the Hantei and the Seppun are allowed to carry that insignia, as far as his knowledge would go.

--
Earth/Government to recall the Otomo's family line and check veracity. Kuge Lineage as Distinction. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to reduce strife
DescriptionTheme

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:05 pm
The boy narrows his eyes, trying to remember that line and recall it indeed he would be a distant cousin or not. Yuzu also notices the chrysanthemum appendix at the blade, which would be somewhat illegal. Only the Hantei and the Seppun are allowed to carry that insignia, as far as his knowledge would go.

--
Earth/Government to recall the Otomo's family line and check veracity. Kuge Lineage as Distinction. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to reduce strife
The line of Otomo Akimoro was well known to Yuzu. While he had not personally met this Akimoro, he certainly fit the description and nothing suggested from what he had heard about Otomo Akimoro suggested this was anything but the real Otomo Akimoro, who was definitely kuge.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:23 pm

He provides another bow after a moment, and asks, fetching a small bundle and unwrapping it, "I am heading out to train. Yet I do have some onigiri I was served at the Inn which we are staying. Would Otomo-san enjoy one?"
DescriptionTheme

Otomo Akimoro

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:42 am

"I would be most obliged," replies Akimoro. "So long a journey so early in the morning leaves one little time to enjoy the blessings of Inari-no-Kami."
Imperial • Courtier

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:06 am

The boy opens the bundle and offers it with both hands. There are three onigiri’s laid on his hands. Which flavor would the Otomo fetch?
DescriptionTheme