[D4 MN] The Moth Balls (Expecting)

Outside the massive castle
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D4 MN] The Moth Balls (Expecting)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:47 pm

Koi raised her lantern above her and nodded. "We shall begin then..." Koi said as she closed her eyes, filtering out the noise and the rain drawing into herself before inhaling and exhaling slowing her breathing down.

Koi begin to sway the lantern back and forth, to and fro the light bobbing as she channeled deeper into herself and she began to pray loudly.
"Lanterns extinguished of the long since departed,
Moths of fable tales and guardians that walk with us,
Seek my offering - the blessing of live are for you. I lay these down to seek your presence."

The Moth spoke clearly, her words unphased by the wind and weather as she pulls from her Obi a bundle of Rice which she casts into the air, and pours the sake onto the ground.

Koi reached down and began to light drum upon a wooden box, hallow it emitted a small beat.
Deer of the extinguished flame,
Seek out the rhythm you hear in your stillness and take on the sensation of passion once more through me.
Hear the cadences and come forth.
Koi begin to sway the great lantern more, allowing the light to flicker and sway as her whole attention goes into her words drawing deep into the spell.
Those that come before man and stone,
beings of the woods and land that are good come enjoy the all that I offer,
Take from me in this moment my offering,
Take forth the light that sways and reveal to me what lurks that remains unseen.
Koi called out, her mind sending forth her will into the wind and storm lantern high above her head swaying in a circle.

D4 LN. Communing with Void. TN1. Void/Theology. Kaikoga school ability. | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1

D4 LN. Performance to make friends. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2

1Opportunity symbol to find more helpful spirits.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:51 pm

Nesshin draws his hat down further. Visibility's already poor in the rain; no need to make it worse with the light.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Murato close his eyes for a few seconds, then opened them widely to take in the darkness in the rain around them. The orange seemed like it might be shimmering a bit but it may have just been a trick of the light.

He scanned the area, looking more deeply into the area than normal, almost feeling it with his sight. If there was something there, he would find it.

----

D4 MN, Theology [Void] check to detect a snarl in the invisible threads of the universe | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
Success TN 3, 1Strife symbol
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:25 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:47 pm
Koi raised her lantern above her and nodded. "We shall begin then..." Koi said as she closed her eyes, filtering out the noise and the rain drawing into herself before inhaling and exhaling slowing her breathing down.

Koi begin to sway the lantern back and forth, to and fro the light bobbing as she channeled deeper into herself and she began to pray loudly.
"Lanterns extinguished of the long since departed,
Moths of fable tales and guardians that walk with us,
Seek my offering - the blessing of live are for you. I lay these down to seek your presence."

The Moth spoke clearly, her words unphased by the wind and weather as she pulls from her Obi a bundle of Rice which she casts into the air, and pours the sake onto the ground.

Koi reached down and began to light drum upon a wooden box, hallow it emitted a small beat.
Deer of the extinguished flame,
Seek out the rhythm you hear in your stillness and take on the sensation of passion once more through me.
Hear the cadences and come forth.
Koi begin to sway the great lantern more, allowing the light to flicker and sway as her whole attention goes into her words drawing deep into the spell.
Those that come before man and stone,
beings of the woods and land that are good come enjoy the all that I offer,
Take from me in this moment my offering,
Take forth the light that sways and reveal to me what lurks that remains unseen.
Koi called out, her mind sending forth her will into the wind and storm lantern high above her head swaying in a circle.

D4 LN. Communing with Void. TN1. Void/Theology. Kaikoga school ability. | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1

D4 LN. Performance to make friends. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2

1Opportunity symbol to find more helpful spirits.
Koi swayed back and forth in teh breeze, her mind brushing the realm of Yume-do where her favorite owl looked at her expectantly.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:13 pm
Murato close his eyes for a few seconds, then opened them widely to take in the darkness in the rain around them. The orange seemed like it might be shimmering a bit but it may have just been a trick of the light.

He scanned the area, looking more deeply into the area than normal, almost feeling it with his sight. If there was something there, he would find it.

----

D4 MN, Theology [Void] check to detect a snarl in the invisible threads of the universe | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
Success TN 3, 1Strife symbol
Beeyond the communig Moth, Murato did not feel the presence of any unnatural activity.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 am

Saibankan wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:25 am
Koi swayed back and forth in teh breeze, her mind brushing the realm of Yume-do where her favorite owl looked at her expectantly.
Koi looked at Allul, her mind calming but filled with a moment of so many questions as she has wanted to see Allul for years. So many times, her mind has gone to it seeking out advice in times of strife and nothing but now, now it was here. "Allul-sama, I have heard your messages and your dreams. Thank you. We are here to help, my friends. They offer aid with me tonight, can you guide us? We seek out the individual known currently as Shika Muneyaki."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:45 am

He's going to be out on patrol, Nesshin thinks. In this weather, up in the trees; he'll've rigged a tarp or somesuch thing. Unless he's in active pursuit--but catching up with him then's going to be damned near impossible.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:01 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 am
Saibankan wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:25 am
Koi looked at Allul, her mind calming but filled with a moment of so many questions as she has wanted to see Allul for years. So many times, her mind has gone to it seeking out advice in times of strife and nothing but now, now it was here. "Allul-sama, I have heard your messages and your dreams. Thank you. We are here to help, my friends. They offer aid with me tonight, can you guide us? We seek out the individual known currently as Shika Muneyaki."
<My dearest little Moth. A hunter that chases two rabbits with catch neither. The deer you seek awaits you beyond the dawn. But while you hunt for him here, the hunted hunter raids the fox's den, while a lion's wisdom goes unheard. Meanwhile, one by one, the red threads that could save you from the darkness are tied together out of your reach. You are fast, and you are nimble my little Moth, but you must focus if you are to succeed.> she hears the words of the spirit, who then takes wing back to where he belongs.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Koi glowered, her mind filled with the words of the spirit and she frowns. "My dearest little Moth."

"A hunter that chases two rabbits with catch neither...." She said softly. "There are two events happening...The deer you seek awaits you beyond the dawn... We can't do anything about the Shika-san here..."

Koi was trying to pull the message apart the rain pelting her face as she worked through the message. "But while you hunt for him here, the hunted hunter raids the fox's den, while a lion's wisdom goes unheard.. Meanwhile, one by one, the red threads that could save you from the darkness are tied together out of your reach..." She seemed unable to unravel that, and looks up for help.

"It ended with - You are fast, and you are nimble my little Moth, but you must focus if you are to succeed." She said softly, before raising her hand. "Let me say it all together so it makes sense to you both."

"My dearest little Moth. A hunter that chases two rabbits with catch neither. The deer you seek awaits you beyond the dawn. But while you hunt for him here, the hunted hunter raids the fox's den, while a lion's wisdom goes unheard. Meanwhile, one by one, the red threads that could save you from the darkness are tied together out of your reach. You are fast, and you are nimble my little Moth, but you must focus if you are to succeed." She recited, thinking as she did.

"Let's leave the Deer for now, they are too far from our grasp. I think the people that could help as in the red strings are not near us, perhaps in the Inn?" Koi looked downtrodden and confused.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:33 pm

"Who's the fox?" Nesshin asks suddenly. "And which wisdom does our Kitsu friend offer? That it is offered, I doubt not, but the applicable wisdom..."

Nesshin trails off.

D11+, has a second fan.