[D2: LA] A Waltzing Matilda

Outside the massive castle
Kaikoga Koi

[D2: LA] A Waltzing Matilda

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:21 pm

Koi found her mind just flustered and filled with thoughts over the past few days in the city, she was confused perhaps more and more as the day went on.

She was sure that the spirit last night would be a Baku spirit, she sung the song correctly and the words were correctly. She had brought the lantern with her that was part of the tradition that she had be taught but it reacted like a beast.

Wanting her, desperately wanting the light her light.

The Moth was also annoyed that she didn't even test sleeping under the trees, which is something she now needs to do again but she needs to learn about the castle itself before she does that.

Fuck She cursed, so loudly in her mind that she felt sorry for anyone that might be able to read her mind. Fuck, fuck fuck. Why did the kami offer her no assistance last night? She thought walking in a circuit outside the castle, near the small river outside the gates. She perhaps was a sight by the guards, pacing back and forth clearly deep in thought.

She had sent a missive to Kitsu Tsugumasa about a half an hour ago requesting his assistance on a delicate matter. She had indicated if he was free she'd be waiting outside the castle in the Late Afternoon but she had shown up early clearly unravelling some repressed emotions.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Re: [D2: LA] A Waltzing Matilda

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:35 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa was nervous. An invitation from a shugenja-ko? A delicate matter? Unfortunately, he did not know a lot about the Moth. He knew that she was a shuganja...but were the Moth honorable? What if she was a seductress trying to lead him astray like a flame to a moth? Would his ancestors be proud? He had considered trying to find his fellow Kitsu, the Mantsu, or anyone really, but the note had been most insistent that the matter was delicate....

But he was out of time, he had encountered the Moth.

He nervously bowed.

"Rice-san! Have you had Kaikoga today?" he asked.

He blinked.

"Err, I mean, Kaikoga-san, have you had rice today?" he said, convinced he'd already ruined everything with that slip.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Koi eventually feel silent as the time came for the meeting as the Kitsu arrived she bowed lower, and even in her nervous state found a wash of relief as the Kitsu seemed more nervous than her.

"Good afternoon, Kitsu-sama. I would expect to answer your question would be considered indecent to most people but a Kitsu-sama requests I will answer..." She bowed, low again smiling for a second before rising back up with a chuckle.

"Gomen, I tease. I have some grilled eel and rice today, thank you for asking. I am, Kaikoga Koi as I stated before. A pleasure to meet you, I hope I haven't interrupted anything important." She said softly.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:38 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:22 pm
Koi eventually feel silent as the time came for the meeting as the Kitsu arrived she bowed lower, and even in her nervous state found a wash of relief as the Kitsu seemed more nervous than her.

"Good afternoon, Kitsu-sama. I would expect to answer your question would be considered indecent to most people but a Kitsu-sama requests I will answer..." She bowed, low again smiling for a second before rising back up with a chuckle.

"Gomen, I tease. I have some grilled eel and rice today, thank you for asking. I am, Kaikoga Koi as I stated before. A pleasure to meet you, I hope I haven't interrupted anything important." She said softly.
Just me fighting for my life and trying to navigate this miai to find an honorable end...

"Er, no, not at all, Kaikoga-san." he said aloud. "I mean, what's the point of a miai if you don't...y'know, go out and meet the people at it?"

He bowed quickly.

"Ah..as formality, I am Kitsu Tsugumasa." he tacked on.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Koi hooted a small smile. "Yes, I appreciate that. My Father would never let me rest if he knew I hid away back at the very nice Inn. Fear not, I seek only your Clans guidance about spirits and perhaps some understanding."

She motioned towards a small path they could walk and talk for a spell.

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:59 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:44 pm
Koi hooted a small smile. "Yes, I appreciate that. My Father would never let me rest if he knew I hid away back at the very nice Inn. Fear not, I seek only your Clans guidance about spirits and perhaps some understanding."

She motioned towards a small path they could walk and talk for a spell.
Tsugumasu was somewhat relieved that this was not a booty call. Somewhat disappointed, but somewhat relieved.

"Yes of course, lead the way." he offered.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:48 pm

Koi raised a brow at the Kitsu with a small chuckle. Pervert.

Koi would walk at a slow pace as she begun to tell her story about the events leading up to last night excluding the discussion about Pei-Pei's warning. Koi would explain about the fact that see needs to collect information about the spirits that might be within the area especially around the garden.

She'd describe the events in the garden excluding anything private just straight and to the point. She would explain that the spirit was attracted to the lantern, which Koi brought with her just in case it had weird abilities.

Koi would carefully fill out about her research into the Baku spirits within the city in hopes to gain authority to do research in the Akemi forest and in hopes to gain more understanding about the changes to Baku spirits they have been recently experiencing.
D2 LA: Agenda Roll. Water/Theology TN 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Opportunities used to sound very impressive and persuasive.

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:52 am

Tsugumasa frowns as the Moth weaves her tale.

"I have to admit, Kaikoga-san, the majority of my studies is focused on study of the ancestors not more mundane or....malicious influences." he admits. "But I would hate to think that the Deer have let something dangerous wander their grounds especially with all the clans gathered here."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:01 am

Koi frowned, and thought for a moment. "I dont know if it was malicious though and it never harmed me beyond a little spookiness but that often comes part and parcel with such things. "

Yeah it came because apparently I summoned it. She frowned.

"Plus I very much doubt the Deer clan would intentionally place such being free to roam. Ney. It's something of its own creation, I reckon and I want to find out what it is." Koi frowned as she thought.

"I understand your knowledge is mostly to do with the ancestors but surely you hold some knowledge more than I about the other realms?" She asked softly. "Or should I approach the Kuni for their expertise on such matter?"

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:20 am

Tsgumasa frowned at that.

"I don't think that's fair to say, Kaikoga-san. For all I know you could be a walking library of knowledge about the realms. It would be Isawa arrogant of me to claim I know more than you about the topic without knowing what you know, you know?"

He considered the matter of the Kuni.

"Are you sure it's wise to involve the Kuni? They're not exactly....subtle. Granted, when you're dealing with a legitimate threat, subtlety tends to be a secondary concern. But if you're wrong, the two of you might give quite a bit of offense to our hosts needlessly."

He sighed a bit.

"It would be dishonorable of me to ignore your predicament. I am willing to aid you to the best of my abilities." he offered.