[Day 0, Late Morning] Professional Interest (Open)

Outside the massive castle
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning] Professional Interest (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:56 pm

That... got a a smile, albeit not a happy one.

"Take it from someone who's had to pass through the Mori Isawa, plenty of spirits don't much care about things like fortifications."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:34 am

There's a tapping of a stick against the ground, audible a few moments before a Kakita appears- tapping a simple stick against the ground, a servant following closely, Kakita Sakura's head turns as she hears voices, and she bows in the direction of the two. “Greetings. This one is Kakita Sakura- would I be imposing to ask your names?”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:12 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:34 am
“Greetings. This one is Kakita Sakura- would I be imposing to ask your names?”
"Good morning, Kakita-san," replied one of them in a soft, cultured voice. There was a faint sound of rustling cloth. Perhaps he had bowed? "I am called Kitsuki Kiyonobu. With me is Shiba Raizo. May we be of assistance?"
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:17 am

“Ah, the offer is appreciated, but there is no need, Kitsuki-san.”

Sakura smiles, coming to a halt closer to the two samurai. “I was merely familiarising myself with the castle before the Miai begins- a true familiarisation is a far greater work, of course, but I can still learn the general layout.”

Her head tilts. “It is quite the remarkable structure; worthy of the title of Kyuden.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:32 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:17 am
“I was merely familiarising myself with the castle before the Miai begins- a true familiarisation is a far greater work, of course, but I can still learn the general layout.”

Her head tilts. “It is quite the remarkable structure; worthy of the title of Kyuden.”
“ 'Know yourself, know your enemy, and know the terrain,' ” the Dragon quoted. "No doubt Kakita-san shall begin the miai with a tactical advantage over the rest of us." From his level tone it was difficult to tell whether the Kitsuki was joking.
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:42 am

Kitsuki Kiyonobu wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:32 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:17 am
“I was merely familiarising myself with the castle before the Miai begins- a true familiarisation is a far greater work, of course, but I can still learn the general layout.”

“ 'Know yourself, know your enemy, and know the terrain,' ” the Dragon quoted. "No doubt Kakita-san shall begin the miai with a tactical advantage over the rest of us." From his level tone it was difficult to tell whether the Kitsuki was joking.
Sakura smiles regardless, tilting her head to listen to the sounds of the castle. “Perhaps so. Certainly, it seems to me that the castle was constructed with hosting events such as this in mind first and foremost; it almost reminds me of Kyuden Doji in that regards.”

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 am

"Might be why I find it so strange."

Raizo's tone was neutral, even if his words weren't.

"Since coming out of the forest, everything about this place has struck me as... odd."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:50 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 am
"Might be why I find it so strange."

Raizo's tone was neutral, even if his words weren't.

"Since coming out of the forest, everything about this place has struck me as... odd."
“Oh? Might I ask how so, Shiba-san?”

Sakura smiles, her tone one of genuine interest. She has her own thoughts on the Castle, but she is interested what a Shiba might think in comparison with the castles of the Phoenix.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:55 am

"Just... not an environment I know what to do with. I've been living out of a tent, tramping up and down the Phoenix provinces with the army since right after my gempukku. Everything here is different. Not just the physical surroundings, but the way people interact with them. It's... unnerving."
Remember to Breathe