[Day 10, Early Morning] Stir-Crazy (Open)

Outside the massive castle
Shiba Raizo

[Day 10, Early Morning] Stir-Crazy (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:26 am

The tea house. The dojo, The inn. The theater. The tea house. The dojo. The sake bar. The market.

Raizo took a cleansing breath... to keep from screaming aloud and jumping up and down.

He pondered literally climbing the walls, then decided the Shika would probably take issue with that.

This place is driving me insane. Can't get any privacy. Can't get away. Just...

He paced back and forth beneath the castle's walls, his fists and teeth both clenched.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Bayarmaa

Re: [Day 10, Early Morning] Stir-Crazy (Open)

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:26 am
The tea house. The dojo, The inn. The theater. The tea house. The dojo. The sake bar. The market.

Raizo took a cleansing breath... to keep from screaming aloud and jumping up and down.

He pondered literally climbing the walls, then decided the Shika would probably take issue with that.

This place is driving me insane. Can't get any privacy. Can't get away. Just...

He paced back and forth beneath the castle's walls, his fists and teeth both clenched.
<Clop Clop Clop>

A large presence loomed over the Phoenix. Said presence was Moto Bayarmaa atop her Unicorn riding horse.

She looked consideringly at the Phoenix, before extending him her hand.

"Here, come on up, Shiba-san." she offered without preamble.
Unicorn Clan * Cavalry* Miai Candidate

"C'mon, it's a sake bar. One song won't hurt anything, and I've bet you've got a great voice."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 am

He looked at her hand- then took it.

"Don't think we've met. Sure you trust me on your horse?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Bayarmaa

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:09 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 am
He looked at her hand- then took it.

"Don't think we've met. Sure you trust me on your horse?"
A strong arm lifted Raizo up behind the Unicorn.

"Pretty sure either of us could take you, Shiba-san. Besides, I'm no frog, and you're no scorpion." she said dismissing the notion.

"We haven't met, but I've seen too tightly wound Phoenix before. That a common trait among you folks? I'm Moto Bayarmaa, and this is Pelsik."

"Best hold on." she cautions, as she gives Pelsik a gentle nudge and the trio begin zooming out of Kyuden Shika and down the trail into the woods at the kind of speed you only got from a Unicorn riding horse.

"C'mon, it's a sake bar. One song won't hurt anything, and I've bet you've got a great voice."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:12 am

Moto Bayarmaa wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:09 am
A strong arm lifted Raizo up behind the Unicorn.

"Pretty sure either of us could take you, Shiba-san. Besides, I'm no frog, and you're no scorpion." she said dismissing the notion.

"We haven't met, but I've seen too tightly wound Phoenix before. That a common trait among you folks? I'm Moto Bayarmaa, and this is Pelsik."

"Best hold on." she cautions, as she gives Pelsik a gentle nudge and the trio begin zooming out of Kyuden Shika and down the trail into the woods at the kind of speed you only got from a Unicorn riding horse.
Raizo had actually been on a Rokugani pony before, so he had a reasonable handle on how to stay on.

This was a whole new level of speed and size, though.

"Name's Shiba Raizo. Nice meeting you. And I think everyone gets wound up too tight. Just a question of what over. In my case, I don't take confinement well."
Remember to Breathe

Moto Bayarmaa

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:12 am

Raizo had actually been on a Rokugani pony before, so he had a reasonable handle on how to stay on.

This was a whole new level of speed and size, though.

"Name's Shiba Raizo. Nice meeting you. And I think everyone gets wound up too tight. Just a question of what over. In my case, I don't take confinement well."
The trio went speeding out the the castle grounds and into the woods. Galloping along the trail with the wind and the rain whipping through their hair, and trees racing past on each side.

"Oh, I get that. Trust me, if Pelsik wasn't around to go on these little rides, I'd feel the same way." she offers. "Sure are a lot of folks who seem content to live their lives within walls, ne?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Moto Bayarmaa wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:46 pm
The trio went speeding out the the castle grounds and into the woods. Galloping along the trail with the wind and the rain whipping through their hair, and trees racing past on each side.

"Oh, I get that. Trust me, if Pelsik wasn't around to go on these little rides, I'd feel the same way." she offers. "Sure are a lot of folks who seem content to live their lives within walls, ne?"
"It's just so... limiting. I mean, sometimes my unit camps in one place for a while, but there's patrols, there's scouting, there are ways to get the hell out of camp..."
Remember to Breathe

Moto Bayarmaa

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Bayarmaa laughed as the trio whipped around a corner.

"So...what's stopping you? Grab one of those bitty ponies you folks like to ride...heck, just run as fast as you can for as long as you can. Go swim in the rivers, go climb a tree. What's chaining you to the kyuden?" she asked.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:05 pm

"The need to be back by the next day, mostly. Once I get some road under me, I tend to keep going unless someone stops me..."
Remember to Breathe

Moto Bayarmaa

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:58 am

Bayarmaa glanced back.

"Really? That's all? You've met no one at the miai to call you back to it?" she asked, curious.