Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Nikutai of embassy security, Kyuden Hida detail
Build: Muscled but not bulky
Hair: Sandy blond, like the fur of a for-legged lion
Immediately noticeable quality: The impassive "Stone Matsu" face
Matsu Ishioka almost couldn't look more like a stereotypical Lion samurai, especially when he's wearing armor and looks like any other Matsu soldier. Except he carries a genno into battle, which is its own interesting story. But anytime Ishioka is seen with his head uncovered, his stony, unreactive face is the striking feature. Especially given the stereotypes of Matsu bushi, Ishioka has a heck of a poker face and seems thoroughly unflappable.
Commonly known/easily learned background
- Ishioka is a nikutai in the Lion Clans embassy security detail at Kyuden Hida. Matsu Takemiko, chui, commanding. Ishioka is nikutai in the squad of Akodo Sanzo-gunso. He's been in Kyuden Hida almost continuously since his gempukku.
- Ishioka doesn't just look like a stereotypical Matsu: he's an honorable, glory-seeking samurai with limited interest in the arts. Then again, he likes meeting new people and usually avoids antagonizing anyone unless it's a job requirement. Perhaps fair to call him a "worldly Matsu" based on his exposure to other Clans in the Kyuden Hida diplomatic "scene.'
- Ishioka gets along particularly well with Crab samurai. Due to plenty of experience?
- Ishioka's little sister, Matsu Hachiko, was slain in a questionable duel with Mirumoto Kinamoko, just before Ishioka could arrive. The word around Kyuden Hida is that keeping himself from caving in the Dragon's skull on the spot was a hell of an accomplishment, and elevated the Stone Matsu reputation even farther.
- Ishioka was happy for his appointment to the Kyuden Hida detail at such a young age because in his youth he was close to his Crab grandfather, Kaiu Odoma, so it's really no surprise he has a great rapport with the defenders of the Wall.
- Though generally a man of few words, Ishioka is helpful and friendly at his core, and he especially enjoys the opportunity to surprise others with small gifts
- Ishioka is a terrible liar and can also be hard to impress with academics or things that are shiny and new. That which is known and proven - what has great staying power - is his comfort zone.
- The Stone Matsu seems distrustful of most Dragon and their intellectualism and spiritual flexibility, seeing these as obviously dishonorable traits in keeping with the underhanded tactics of Mirumoto Kinamoko, who killed his little sister in a duel.
- Ishioka's family comes from a Matsu line that is akin to "new money," having really only become consequential thanks to the military exploits of a great grandfather, glorious conqueror Matsu Ishikawa, who claimed Breath of Beauty village from the Dragon not so long ago..